Thread: Vintage Fountain Pen Tray - Parkers, Conklins, Esterbrook, Waterman, etc.

Thanks

Default Vintage Fountain Pen Tray - Parkers, Conklins, Esterbrook, Waterman, etc.

All pens are restored and will come ready for use. Damage will stated in the post below. I am open to reasonable offers and also combined shipping for multiple pens.

1. Waterman CF Black with Silver and Gold Trim - 14K M Nib - with Converter! [B] - The C/F series was introduced in 1953 and was "the first widely successful modern cartridge-filling fountain pen". The Waterman C/F was the original US-based Waterman company's last significant design. In 1957 Waterman's operations in US closed down. This pen was made in the US and was therefore made in this 4 year period. This pen is a very clean example of this pen with no damage on the section or the barrel or cap. The pen is in excellent condition and would make a great pen for discerning people. The style of the pen is very modern for a pen made more than 50 years ago. Some of the cheaper models will not have the overlay on the section but this one comes with a beautiful metal overlay and accentuates the 14K medium nib. These converters and cartridges are fairly hard to find and even when found they are annoying to restore as they had a little rubber nipple that went into the sac guard. This particular converter has been restored with a silicone pvc sac which is robust and will handle modern inks. The converter is usually the missing piece for these pens and this one will come with a restored one that will last forever (hopefully). This will come with the Waterman box - $110

2. Platignum Graduate Pressmatic in Red - Hooded Medium Nib [B] - Platgnum is known for second or third tier pens and there are not many models out there that people really buy or collect outside of their cheaper italic nibbed pens which are typically sac fillers. One series of pens that people do collect are these Pressmatic fountain pens. On the higher end models, the pens have gold nibs and on the low end, they have steel nibs. This one is a little bit of a mystery to me because its a hooded nib which I havent seen online before. The pen is in good condition. There is some plating loss under the clip of the pen cap. The paint on the section is in alright condition but you can tell there is some wear. The sac guard also has a spot of oxidation on it and the sac is colored blue. The barrel is in excellent condition and the imprint is strong. The aerometric filler is also intact and working well, the tube is not damaged or dislodged. The nib is a smooth medium nib. The nib is also a question for me because I dont know the material, it is gold colored so it can either be gold or it can be gold plated. I want to say theres some color difference so it should be gold plated steel? The nib is a smooth medium nib. The capping mechanism is a slip cap that you can pull off very easily. and there is no issue with the capping. - $30

3. [WTS] Black Esterbrook Dollar Pen - 1554 SS Fine Nib [C] Here for sale is an Esterbrook Dollar Pen in Black, this esterbrook is smaller than the J but a little larger than the SJ fountain pen. These guys are very classy looking with a metal top jewel imprinted with ESTERBROOK on it. The dollar pen when posted writes like a full length pen but when it is not, its a pocket pen size. This pen comes in good condition, there is no spinning on the metal and all the plating is intact. The cap and barrel have some nicks on them that arent obvious in the photos but if you look carefully and run your hands down the pen you can feel them, which is why I give it a C. The pen has been restored and has a large/longer sac than it came with, so itll hold a good amount of ink. The nib is a 1554 Gregg Nib, it is a firm fine SS nib. These nibs are cool and while not uncommon, is less sharp than the 1555 nibs that are often found on pens. - $40

4. Wearever 100 Deluxe - 14K gold EF/F Nib [C] - This Wearever Deluxe is a good example of what these pens can be, they date back to the late 1930s and 1940s. This guy is in excellent condition. The pen jewels and parts are intact with no issues other than some microscratching on the black and there is some plating loss near the clip but its not very noticeable. The plating on this one is less detailed than the other wearever but for whatever reason, the plating has held together better than the other, I also think its newer than the other pen. The pen came with a 14K gold nib which is somewhat soft. I would NOT flex this nib however the nib is soft and has a good feel to it when writing. There is a mark on the back of the gold nib but it does not affect use. The sizing is somewhere between and EF and F nib. This pen is in great condition and would make a great first gold nibbed fountain pen. - $45

5. Wearever Celluloid Green and Brown Fountain Pen - Stainless Steel Gold Plated EF nib [D] - This pen is marked as a D because the nib has been replaced, the original nib was corroded beyond repair and it has been switched out for a gold plated nib which writes as a smooth EF Nib. The gold plating matches the pen very well and matches the plated furniture. The pen is made of this beautiful green and brown celluloid that reminds me of vintage Parkers and Waterman fountain pens; probably sourced from the same place. Just take a look at the photos! There no scratches or gouges on the material and its very beautiful in real life. The plating has faired okay on the lever and the cap ring but on the clip there are clear signs of plating loss. There is a small bend on the lever as well but its not that noticeable and does not affect the usage of the pen. This pen overall is in pretty good condition for its age and I would date this pen back to the 1930s. - $45 **SOLD**

6. Conklin - Here for sale today is a little a little bit of a mystery pen because of the design, the nib, materials, and imprint. This Conklin is a later model Conklin after they were bought out in the 1940s and had their operations moved to Chicago. The imprinting on the pen shows as much and the design of the pen kind of indicates that as well. The design of the pen itself is similar to a Glider, and the imprinting kind of indicates that it wouldve been made at around the same time period. During this switch over there were many pens that were made that used higher quality pen parts from the original Conklin company, such as the nibs and with poorer quality materials like the inferior plating. This pen is a good example of that, youll find that the plating is failing a little on the clip and there is a mark on the band itself (might be a marker but Im not sure). All that being said there are some marks on this pen on the clip and band so I would mark it a D conservatively. The highlights are that this beautiful clear celluloid that you can kind of see transparency in some of the red material, which is mesmerizing. The imprint is strong as you can tell from the marking. The section is still clear and you can see the ink if you move it around to see when you need to refill the pen. Finally the nib is the best part of this pen, the nib is a 14K Fine Toledo nib. These nibs are a product of the original Conklin company and are made extremely well, the nib is a Soft Fine nib so it has some bounce to it when you write. As with all of these softer nibs, it feels great on the page and has some give to it. I would NOT flex this nib because its not really made for it but it is not a modern day NAIL type nib. - $80 OBO

7. Parker English Duofold Set - Here is something out of my collection that I thought was in better condition than it is. This is a set of Parker English Duofold pens, one fountain pen and one ballpoint. The ballpoint is a lesser seen model and Ive only ever come across this one. The fountain pen come around now and again and are super reliable writers but not as large as their American counterparts (and obviously the shape is different). The fountain pen here is in D condition. The pen itself is in excellent condition with an almost clear sac that fills very well. There is no oxidation on the sac protector and the imprint is strong on it. The barrel has microscratching and the imprint is strong. The nib is 14K and is an English Medium but I believe that it will write somewhere between a standard Medium and Bold nib. The thing that makes this pen a D though, is the cap. The cap has 3 cracks that Ive tried to show in the photos with the last one causing a bend on the cap band. When you cap the pen you can feel some resistance there as well due to the crack but when the cap works and can be screwed together. So lots of great things about this pen but the cap is not one of them. some of the band has some brassing as well. Also, the nib isnt a nail its softer and pleasant to write with. The ballpoint here has some marking on the plastic as well and a tiny bit of brassing. The marks on the pen though are there and you can see them, so Im marking this as a C. This pen will take any Parker refill and it will come with one that works. - $55 OBO for the set **SOLD**

8. Parker Vacumatic Demi - Blue - 14K Gold Medium Nib [B] - This guy is in excellent condition and is the smaller of the Vacumatics. This pen is in great condition with no noticeable markings on the body and with a good level of clarity if you hold it up to the light. It is opaque when not in a bright light. The nib is a smooth MEDIUM sized nib that will write smoothly. The gold is also in good condition on this pen. - $80 **SOLD**

9. Remington Abalone Shell Fountain Pen/Pencil - SS Fine/Medium Nib [C] - Remington was a third tier pen maker back in the day but sometimes these guys make pens out of great materials, and this pen is a great example of it. This is the larger model< I've seen thinner versions of this pen. This black pen has this beautiful abalone embedded into the pen. You can see the beautiful textured abalone inside of the pen, that shines and has great chatoyance. The material can be be silver, green, and pink. This pen has better looking abalone than many modern pens. The barrel of this pen is also fairly wide and I would say its an oversized pen, probably around the same width of an OPUS 88. The nib on this guy seems to be the original nib, which is now silver due to plating loss over time. The nib itself has a small bit of a shelf but I have smoothed it out and the nib writes well. The sizing is between a fine and medium Western nib. The pencil mechanism on the end of the pen is also fully functional and will hold a long piece of lead. While I dont know lead pencils super well, this guy has no issue retracting and twisting out. I would say the lead is either 1.0 or 1.1 lead since it is larger than the .9 lead that I have available at home. The pencil portion has lead in it now and can be used when you get the pen. This pen has just been restored with a size 17 latex sac which is fairly large and will hold a fair amount of ink, although with its short size it holds as much as as a SI short, probably a little more but not by much. There is a small littler orange line on the pen which you can see in the picture. Otherwise there is some plating loss on the brass around the pen. There is also minor warping near the lever mechanism which you can see if you are looking for issues on the pen. Condition is C - $65
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jobesmirage For This Useful Post:

FredRydr (May 30th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Vintage Fountain Pen Tray - Parkers, Conklins, Esterbrook, Waterman, etc.

bump