Thread: 2021 Writer's Edition--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: 2021 Writer's Edition--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Wow I am surprised by the amount of negative comments about the Doyle writer's edition. I love mine and feel its a solid edition to the MB writer edition lineup. While I was in Las Vegas a few weeks ago I stopped in both of the Montblanc boutiques on the strip because my son was looking for an Egyptomania ballpoint (which he did end up getting). I noted that both stores were sold out of all variations of the Doyle WE. The sales staff told me that they didn't get very many of them and they sold out immediately with all going to repeat customers who were on a waiting list. I am a big fan of the Writer's Editions and also the Great Characters editions. I will not purchase another standard production Montblanc pen as I find the mono-color all resin pens to be very boring and uninspiring. My goal is to collect every WE release since they started back in 1992 with the Hemingway. So far in the WE line-up I have the Mark Twain, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, and the Doyle. In the GC line-up I have the John F Kennedy, James Dean, Walt Disney and Greta Garbo (technically not really a GC edition). I tend avoid the homage/composer editions as they have too much resin and not enough uniqueness...

Last edited by richmadeknives; September 11th, 2021 at 12:12 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to richmadeknives For This Useful Post:

Nexus (September 11th, 2021)