Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ariel Kullock Texas Overlay on MB 149

Thanks

Default Re: Ariel Kullock Texas Overlay on MB 149

Quote Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    A remarkable piece of artwork, with a deeply personal meaning behind it. Don't forget, not all can *afford* these kind of projects, as well, so your good fortune also shows in that regard. I've seen his pieces both in person and in photos and it is always stunning, and I've met him at the LA pen show. As nice a person as his artistry is strong. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
    Thanks, Jon,

I know about the affordability. But we have worked hard for decades and so splurging occasionally is totally OK for us. Whether it is a trip to overseas or a nice FP or some other passion. To us, money is not just to be saved, but used to acquire memories.

I proposed to my wife at the Alamo. Sitting together on the southwest lawn under this huge live oak tree that I can still take her to, I will never forget her expression or her response. When I received the pen yesterday, I handed it to her and she took a look at it and her voice cracked a little when she spoke. She saw the live oak that I had Mr. Kullock engrave on his engraving/cut of the Alamo and that seemed to be enough. Mission accomplished!

I remember the day I proposed I told her prior to visiting the Alamo that morning.... "Today, another man will fall at the Alamo"! She didn't understand at that moment and questioned me all the way there. "Is there a reenactment battle going on? Is there some kind of fair"? Of course, she did understand afterward.

And today, I am still a fallen man...
    Good for you and I suspect that luck was also involved. Many folks work had for decades, make little and barely survive.

We are finally discovering the true story of the Alamo, but for you it was a special day. Beautiful pen and enjoy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
    I just received this yesterday as a special order from Mr. Kullock. Being born and reared in Texas, this one is special to me. Also, I proposed to my lovely wife at the Alamo under a huge live oak tree and so this work incorporates just about everything that is dear to me about the Holy Land... Texas.

This pen is extremely well done and being hand engraved and etched makes it that much more splendid. Mr. Kullock does superb work and I will be ordering two more with our pen club putting in orders for at least 4. It has a Broad Stub nib.

I find it delightful to purchase an engaging work of art that also feeds a parallel passion that is personally meaningful.

Photo credits: These are Ariel's photos. But my pen is every bit as lovely!

Frank[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely a great piece of art. I really appreciate what "Mont Blanc" could do to offer with customised options even by creating your own design. I never knew this is possible with Mont Blanc .
    It is amazing to have this "grail' pen opportunities for those who can afford and congrats!!!! on this beautiful pen !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    OK, idiot question. Who is Ariel Kullock?
    I was wondering about knowing to the questing question!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post

Frank

This is absolutely a great piece of art. I really appreciate what "Mont Blanc" could do to offer with customised options even by creating your own design. I never knew this is possible with Mont Blanc .
    It is amazing to have this "grail' pen opportunities for those who can afford and congrats!!!! on this beautiful pen !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    OK, idiot question. Who is Ariel Kullock?
    I was wondering about knowing to the questing question!![/QUOTE]

Thank you sir!

Thanks

Ariel Kullock is an Argentine silversmith & artist who created the pen for the poster. He has made many Parker 51 caps with intricate silver overlays besides making custom replacement barrels & sections for Parker 51s, which he refers to as "Fantasy" editions.

I have purchased several of his replacement Fantasy parts for 51s because I preferred the colors he had available. He also has offered replacement jewels for same that complement the caps because they are also unique & not merely replacement jewels for original Parker jewels offered.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soretailedcat For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (July 11th, 2023), Detman101 (November 2nd, 2021), Lloyd (September 25th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soretailedcat View Post
    Ariel Kullock is an Argentine silversmith & artist who created the pen for the poster. He has made many Parker 51 caps with intricate silver overlays besides making custom replacement barrels & sections for Parker 51s, which he refers to as "Fantasy" editions.

I have purchased several of his replacement Fantasy parts for 51s because I preferred the colors he had available. He also has offered replacement jewels for same that complement the caps because they are also unique & not merely replacement jewels for original Parker jewels offered.
    I would really enjoy seeing the pieces you purchased from Kullock. Those 51 caps are stunning! Can you post a few photos of yous if convenient?

Thank you!

Thanks

That is the most amazing mod to a Montblanc that I have ever seen.
    Absolutely amazing!!!
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

Thanks

And I thought that Ariel Kullock had retired. What a Meisterstuck!