Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still life or still lives?

Thanks

Default Re: Still life or still lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    In French they add s or Es to make plural. It is not the answer.

But here the question is what is Still life?
    It is a concept of art pre arranged or visualised as something find in the nature and record it.

Can you do it with living people or animal. OF COURSE ARRANGE THEM THE WAY YOU WANT IT OF FIND THEM AS THEY ARE RECORD / DRAW THEM / PAINT THEM.
    I ASK KAPUTNIK
    when do you use this PARTICULAR WORD STILL LIFE IN YOUR LANGUAGE. Go back to that place so you have an answer ? I think you'll be wise enough to not to go anywhere else or GOOGLE TO FIND YOUR ANSWER.

If you have not done any art and heard this before the above all arguments come behind you.
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood your question "Do anyone know what is the translation in French?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post

It is a concept of art pre arranged or visualised as something find in the nature and record it.

Can you do it with living people or animal. OF COURSE ARRANGE THEM THE WAY YOU WANT IT OF FIND THEM AS THEY ARE RECORD / DRAW THEM / PAINT THEM.
    I ASK KAPUTNIK
    when do you use this PARTICULAR WORD STILL LIFE IN YOUR LANGUAGE. Go back to that place so you have an answer ? I think you'll be wise enough to not to go anywhere else or GOOGLE TO FIND YOUR ANSWER.

If you have not done any art and heard this before the above all arguments come behind you.
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood your question "Do anyone know what is the translation in French?"
    Oh No Not at all .. (I speak French ).. It's. me, I apologise for my writing style.

I was trying to come to the point to open up the vocabulary we use . They are moreover have more depth than the real translation. That is what we are facing here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril For This Useful Post:

BayesianPrior (June 23rd, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post

I ASK KAPUTNIK

Oh No Not at all .. (I speak French ).. It's. me, I apologise for my writing style.

I was trying to come to the point to open up the vocabulary we use . They are moreover have more depth than the real translation. That is what we are facing here.
    Ah I understand now. And I agree with you; it is more interesting to explore the concept of 'still life' than to debate grammatical rules (irrespective of how comforting I find those rules to be).

So my question is now about the French term "nature morte". En français, il me semble que le mot <nature> comprend plusieurs sens. Nous avons la concepte qui comprend la flore et la faune sauvage - en autre mots les lieux non-urbanisés. Mais nous avons aussi <nature> qui décrit un identité ou bien un esprit. Par example, la nature d'un mot (nom, article, conjonction, etc.) qui soit different de sa fonction (sujet, COD, COI, etc.). Lorsqu'on contemple un tableau de <nature morte>, est-ce que la naturalisme est absent, ou bien est-ce que la nature des objects a été éteinte?