Thread: Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Primary Manipulation 4 Review- Is it worth the hype?

Thanks

Default Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Primary Manipulation 4 Review- Is it worth the hype?

Pros-

Immaculate finish

Very beautiful resin

Good ink capacity

The gold stub nib on my pen is very very nice & very smooth.It writes very wet.

Very nice grip section

Well Balanced Pen

Great red ebonite feeder which matches color and scheme of the pen

Cons-

Bit costly

Only 70 pieces limited edition

Had a bad encounter with Leonardo Customer Service in some other case, I emailed them but they never replied.Although my most of Leonardo Pens turned out great out of the box

Things you should know –

The new 2021 collaboration between Leonardo Officina (Italy) and Jonathan Brooks of the Carolina Pen Company (USA)*

Material – Primary Manipulation 4 Custom Acrylic made by Carolina Pen Company

Trim- Rose Gold

Nib- 14k gold nib

Feed – Ebonite in Red*

Filling Mechanism – Piston Filler

Pen Length (closed) – 5.9 in. / 150mm

Pen Length(uncapped) – 5.24 in. / 133mm

Pen Length(Posted) – 6.73 in. / 171mm

Cap Length- 2.67 in. / 67.7mm

Weight with cap – 31 gram

Weight without cap – 20 gram

Weight of cap – 11 gram

Nib Options – EF, F, M, B, Stub 1.1 & Elastic (F)

Packing/Presentation-*Great**, Leonardo has done great job. This pen comes in a very very beautiful box with Limited Edition & Primary Manipulation written over it. Their is black box inside with their logo & their is another box which carries the pen. Their is a booklet, warranty card inside it.*Their is a complimentary Leonardo Red Ink bottle inside the box,I have used the ink it’s nice. The unboxing experience is very good overall.

Material/Build Quality-*Great*, The material is just stunning. It looks better in person than photos, Carolina Pen Company has done a great job. The rose gold trims at end of the body & section looks really nice. It’s very aesthetically pleasing. The pen is large but it’s very very well balanced , you will love writing with it. The section tapers a bit,it’s very nice to hold.The piston mechanism works flawlessly & compliments this great design.The material is very very colorful & you will get compliments wherever you carry this pen.

Nib & Writing Experience-*Great**, it comes in many different options- EF, F, M, B, Stub 1.1, Elastic (F) . It’s a #6 size nib & works very well.My nib was very smooth out of the box. It offers a bit line variation too. This pen is very wet & I enjoy writing with it. The red feed compliments the design well.
    Conclusion-*Amazing Pen , This pen is just amazing in all aspects. You will enjoy writing it. If you are looking a good acrylic pen & have the budget you can go for this pen. I am sure you will not be disappointed. Leonardo & Carolina Pen Company both have done a great job in this pen.

Note- I tested this pen lent by my friend Mr. Wilson for a week & review is based on my personal experiences. This pen is very beautiful in real, one of the best acrylics I have seen till now

https://inkpenlover.wordpress.com/20...orth-the-hype/

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Inkpenlover For This Useful Post:

Robert (May 19th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Re: Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Primary Manipulation 4 Review- Is it worth the hype?

Brooks' acrylics and alumilite mixes are undoubtedly some of the best out there (hoping to find something on the secondary market myself). As for the Leonardo Grande... well, in my view it suffers from the same design issue that the more expensive Pelikan pens have - a metal band at the ink end of the section. It's an area of corrosion waiting to happen. (I've heard it happens, not how often, but it deters me from getting interested in buying). I think the non-Grande design is better in this respect.

Anyway, as a visual piece of art, your pen certainly looks like the bee's knees.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Inkpenlover (May 19th, 2021)