Thread: OK........Shoot Me, Bought Another TWSBI

Thanks

Default OK........Shoot Me, Bought Another TWSBI

So I remember saying to someone here or on FB I wouldn't basically waste $ buying the new Iris 700R when it came out in production the first time. So what do I do this time it became available? Yup...........I'm a hypopcrite and bought one

I can at least say I "did get one with a twist"---bought one from Pendlton Brown........https://www.pendletonspens.com........... with a nifty nib

I'm always a sucker for a modded nib. Think I have abt a 1/2 dozen of his pens, all with different nibs, grinds, etc. I opted for a fine vs a med or broad (which I already have, etc.) so I can use for my Journaling, general writing (which is a lot) and was not disappointed. Still his BLS w/Falcon Flex........., but a tad more crisp on the italic side

It is actually a beautiful pen, I already have 2 700's (old style), but this thing I have to admit is really cool aesthetically and the nib..............wow! Very smooth with a tad of feedback and you know............abt a semi-flex, but the tines really spring back into place after pushing it

What the heck is up with us? Just can't stop...................gotta-gotta-gotta You know the drill

[IMG][/IMG]
    The secret of getting ahead is getting started-- Mark Twain

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wingwiper For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (May 27th, 2021), Kaputnik (May 27th, 2021), penwash (May 25th, 2021), Yazeh (May 26th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: OK........Shoot Me, Bought Another TWSBI

This looks like a neat modded pen! So you are ok with using this as an everyday writer?

Thanks

My 14 year old niece borrowed one of my Pilot Kakunos to write a letter, and she loves it, so I was thinking about getting her a nicer one. She would love this pen!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    My 14 year old niece borrowed one of my Pilot Kakunos to write a letter, and she loves it, so I was thinking about getting her a nicer one. She would love this pen!
    It is a beautiful looking pen!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to whorne For This Useful Post:

wingwiper (May 26th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whorne View Post
    This looks like a neat modded pen! So you are ok with using this as an everyday writer?
    Absolutely...................with regrinding to his BLS it goes from a "fine to more of a fine-medium," but absolutely great for everyday writing. I am fond of his grinds as this is my 4th BLS FP from him- each a little different as you can request more stubbish or italic to go along with your choice of fine, medium or broad. His "Bad Boy" with angel wings has quite a bit of flex (a little more than semi-flex) for a steel nib and the tines always snap back for me

Of course there are a few other nibmeisters out there who do good work and recommend, but his BLS being a hybrid between a stub-italic is pretty cool. Depending on writing angle you can get get more or less line variation as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wingwiper For This Useful Post:

whorne (May 26th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wingwiper View Post
    Absolutely...................with regrinding to his BLS it goes from a "fine to more of a fine-medium," but absolutely great for everyday writing. I am fond of his grinds as this is my 4th BLS FP from him- each a little different as you can request more stubbish or italic to go along with your choice of fine, medium or broad. His "Bad Boy" with angel wings has quite a bit of flex (a little more than semi-flex) for a steel nib and the tines always snap back for me

Of course there are a few other nibmeisters out there who do good work and recommend, but his BLS being a hybrid between a stub-italic is pretty cool. Depending on writing angle you can get get more or less line variation as well.
    Thanks for the info! I will have to give this a look. Are all four of your pens modded with his BLS and flex point and fine nib?

Thanks

Thanks for the info! I will have to give this a look. Are all four of your pens modded with his BLS and flex point and fine nib?
    No.....this is my first fine, I have 1 medium and 2 broads. I wanted something a little thinner to write smaller, however the medium will actually do.

There was more line variation then I would have thought for a fine, so am real happy🥸.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

TWSBIs aren't my thing, but I can totally relate to buying every version of a pen brand you love. I haven't gotten to the point of having every version of a pen brand, but it's within the realm of possibility Enjoy!

Thanks

No.....this is my first fine, I have 1 medium and 2 broads. I wanted something a little thinner to write smaller, however the medium will actually do.

There was more line variation then I would have thought for a fine, so am real happy🥸.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see! So, if I were to try for one of the modded pens for the first time, would you recommend a med with the flex? I am kind of leaning this way. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,590 Times in 699 Posts

Just for the record, I have never shot anyone over their choice of pen. I deny those rumors completely.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaputnik For This Useful Post:

TFarnon (May 30th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaputnik View Post
    Just for the record, I have never shot anyone over their choice of pen. I deny those rumors completely.
    baahaa.............your too funny