Thread: Reviews of some vintage fountain pens (will update)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 259 Posts

Default Reviews of some vintage fountain pens (will update)

Hi friends! I'm a big fan of fountain pens, both modern and vintage. I got carried away by fountain pens in 2016 and first bought various vintage pens. Some pens was in work condition, but some is not. I learned to repair them, fix nibs and regrind them to different sizes if it needed. Over the 5 years, many impressions and photos I accumulated in my archives. 4 years ago I decided to systematize my knowledge and made my blog dedicated to fountain pens and everything about this theme and share it with other fans of fountain pens or do easier choice for beginners. Last year I did over 60 review and tests. If the community is interested, I will post in this thread announcements for reviews, I can even for those that already exist and were written by me earlier. This is my second thread in which I plan to show vintage pens. A little earlier, I started thread about modern fountain pens ( https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...-(will-update) )

A little spontaneously I decided to sell one of my wonderful vintage Waterman’s, because I have only two hands, and just only one head and they are not enough for all my pens. And before shipping, it was necessary to test the tool. And while I was testing old sensations flooded on me .. and, and … I couldn’t stop .

Waterman’s “Standard”(B – big?) with glass cartridges (made in France) 1945-1953.

The instruments are a cygar shape made of black bakelite. The filling system is a cartridge of its proprietary format and yes, this is the very first (!!!) cartridge invented by Monsher Perot back in 1926 (as soon as 100 years ago). To access the cartridge, you can use two parts of the body by unscrewing either the blind cap or the entire body with the barrel. The main cap is also on the thread, two-start threads, closure in 1.5 turns.

Full review: http://lenskiy.org/2020/03/watermans...ss-cartridges/

ps: I modified the system to "captive converter" without damage and therefore it can be reverted back to the glass cartridge version anytime.
    About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org or watch on social networks
    FB: @ArtDesignPenS
    Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS
    Instagram: @andrew.lensky

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

amk (May 26th, 2021), carlos.q (May 26th, 2021), Cyril (June 22nd, 2021), fountainpenkid (June 14th, 2021), Igraine (May 26th, 2021), mizgeorge (May 27th, 2021), Robert (May 26th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (May 27th, 2021), Schaumburg_Swan (May 26th, 2021), Seattleite (September 13th, 2021), Yazeh (May 26th, 2021)