Thread: Waldmann Xetra Vienna Black Lacquer Fountain Pen Review - Nice pen but it offers very

Thanks

Default Waldmann Xetra Vienna Black Lacquer Fountain Pen Review - Nice pen but it offers very

Pros-

Great nib performance

Made of Silver

Nice Grip Section

Hand Engraved & excellent craftsmanship

Great cap design & highly polished black lacquered barrel

Spring Loaded Clip

Aesthetically Pleasing

Cons-

Too pricy for steel nib (MSRP- €376 )

Heavy Pen- Can’t be used for long writing sessions

Top heavy when if posted

Too many turns to uncap- Around*6*turns

Doesn’t come with converter

Has a step down from barrel from barrel to cap threads & barrel section- many people won’t like this

It is definitely overpriced !

Things you should know-

This pen comes in two colors – Black & white.

Nib Width- Fine, Medium & Broad

Trim color- Silver

Filling System- Cartridge/Convertor.*Converter isn’t included.

Cap Type – Screw On Cap

Diameter(Grip) – 8.2 mm

Diameter (max) – 11.8 mm

Grip color – Silver

Length (capped) – 13.7 cm / 5.4 inches

Length (posted) – 16.4 cm / 6.5 inches

Length (uncapped) – 11.6 cm / 4.6 inches

Weight (barrel-empty) – 19 grams

Weight (cap) – 18 grams

Weight whole pen (empty) – 37 grams

Packaging-*Just Average ! The packaging is nice & outer box is made of black cardstock with company logo over it. Their is a black leather inner box in which pen rests over a removable leather bed . It has polishing cloth, warranty card & some blue cartridges. It don’t have any convertor, this is disappointing in this price segment.

Design/Construction-*Nice*! The pen is a good looking one. Black & silver combination looks good. Some people won’t like engraving on cap, it’s a personal preference. The cap & barrel are made of highly polished silver lacquer. Cap has heavy silver engraving. Their is Waldman logo ‘W’ on the*finial.Their*is a step down from barrel from barrel to cap threads &*barrel.Also, the pen is top heavy if used posted.

Nib Performance-*Not that great*! At this price range their are a lot of gold nib options. This pen has a #5 size nib. The nib was stiff & smooth. The pen was moderately wet. They could have done far better in this part!

Overall-*Not Satisfied*, I feel this pen is pricy for what it offers. No doubt this pen is aesthetically pleasing & extra polished lacquer with silver cap looks*amazing.But*nib is below average in this*category.Their*are lot of good pens available in this price range. Their are many better options available in this price segment

Derailed review link - https://inkpenlover.wordpress.com/20...ple-dont-know/

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inkpenlover For This Useful Post:

Andrew_Lensky (November 30th, 2023), INeedAFinancialAdvisor (June 3rd, 2021), penwash (May 27th, 2021), Yazeh (May 26th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Waldmann Xetra Vienna Black Lacquer Fountain Pen Review - Nice pen but it offers

I like the way it looks, but I wouldn’t spend this much for it. Thanks for these reviews, very helpful

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

Inkpenlover (May 27th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Waldmann Xetra Vienna Black Lacquer Fountain Pen Review - Nice pen but it offers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1XI1rx54hk

Here - at 35:09 - you can see how it's done. In the video they say it's a dying art.
    Only a handful of engravers still master this work by hand. You need sensitivity and a sense of proportion.
    After all, you have to arrive at the other side in the right measure: not too wide and not too narrow on the engravings that have already been made.

I have here a book about dying professions. The broom maker is one of them and the bookbinder and the typesetter is already extinct.
    I think with this pen you buy more than a fountain pen. But some people see it as just a pen. But then a Lamy Safari will do.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carloa For This Useful Post:

Andrew_Lensky (November 30th, 2023), Inkpenlover (June 4th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carloa View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1XI1rx54hk geometry dash meltdown

Here - at 35:09 - you can see how it's done. In the video they say it's a dying art.
    Only a handful of engravers still master this work by hand. You need sensitivity and a sense of proportion.
    After all, you have to arrive at the other side in the right measure: not too wide and not too narrow on the engravings that have already been made.

I have here a book about dying professions. The broom maker is one of them and the bookbinder and the typesetter is already extinct.
    I think with this pen you buy more than a fountain pen. But some people see it as just a pen. But then a Lamy Safari will do.
    I have the same opinion as you, however I put the quality of the pen more than the price, I need a good pen to serve my work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carloa View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1XI1rx54hk

Very interesting video, thank you very much. I didn't think that they first put an imprint on the flat nib and then bend it. Some processes are given extra weight and importance by the announcer for marketing reasons, but the work of the engraver is truly unparalleled and very difficult. This is really the most difficult process and truly art. But laser engraving on the clip, on the contrary, cheapens the appearance, it is unlikely that the mechanical engraving of the clip made the process much expensive, or even pressing.
    About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org or watch on social networks
    FB: @ArtDesignPenS
    Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS
    Instagram: @andrew.lensky

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (December 1st, 2023)