Thread: WTB: Pelikan M800 italic broad nib unit (or other cool grind)

Thanks

Default WTB: Pelikan M800 italic broad nib unit (or other cool grind)

Hello,

I am looking for a used Pelikan M800 italic broad nib unit. Please message me if you have one you’d be willing to part with! I’d also love to hear about any other specialty grinds including stubs, obliques, architects, etc. Thank you!

Thanks

Default Re: WTB: Pelikan M800 italic broad nib unit (or other cool grind)

I have two M800/M805 nibs ground down to the italic family. Writing samples below.

The M805 0.6mm CI is much sharper at the corners. I would put it on the crisp-to-cursive spectrum.

The M800 0.9mm CI is much smoother, and is probably in the cursive-to-stub category. I can't say definitively.

I'm not actively looking to sell them, but I'm not opposed to the idea if the price is right. I would like to sell the pen as a whole.

IMG_20210530_1729082.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Look for missingpen on ebay. His name is Rolf Thiel, and he has a variety of stock nibs - maybe even a factory cursive italic. If not, he's sure to have a B or BB that you can send to a nibmeister for grinding. I've found Rolf's prices to be regularly better than most, have met him at a pen show in Nurnburg, and recommend him (since that's where I get all my Pelikan nibs).
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Rolf is usually the most expensive seller on this planet. You can get an IB nib cheaper at lcdc for example. Or fritz schimpf. Cult pens used to have it at 50% of the price of Rolf. I actually can't find a single person with higher prices than Rolf.