Thread: Diplomat Excellence A2 Skyline Review – A pen you can consider in sub $250 category

Thanks

Default Diplomat Excellence A2 Skyline Review – A pen you can consider in sub $250 category

Pros-

Beautiful Finish

Perfectly Balanced

Amazing Nib (both steel & gold nibs are amazing).

Snap Cap

Very Solid Pen, Almost Indestructible

Comfortable grith

Great Packing

Cons-

Price is very higher for steel nib variant , you will get too many gold nibs in this price segment.

Clip is tight.

Diplomat*don’t has good Customer Service, incase your pen turns out to be faulty.

It’s a*Heavy Pen,*And people with small hands won’t like this pen.*

Some things you need to know –

Body Material – Lacquered Metal

Cap Type- Snap Cap

Filling Mechanism- Cartridge, Converter

Grip Material- Resin

Nib Size – Extra Fine, Fine, Medium

Postable – Yes

Trim – Silver

Diameter Body – 13.1mm (0.52in)

Diameter Cap – 14.4mm (0.57in)

Grip Diameter- 10.2mm (0.40in)

Length (Body) -128.5mm (5.06in)

Length (Cap) – 62.9mm (2.48in)

Length(Nib) – 22.4mm (0.88in)

Length Overall – 138.5mm (5.45in)

Weight (body) – 28.0g (0.99oz)

Weight (cap) – 18.0g (0.63oz)

Weight Overall – 46.0g (1.62oz)

Capacity of convertor- 1.17 ml

Other Aspects –

Packing-*Great! you will like the presentation. It contains pen resting on Diplomat Satin Pillow, converter,cartridge & service guide.***

Design –*The pen is perfectly balanced,with a very simple minimalistic branding. It’s aesthetically pleasing. There is a small stepdown from the body to the grip section.You won’t have any issue with grip section.It is not smooth & even people with large hands will love this.********************************************* ***********

Nib Performance-*It has amazing steel nib, one of the best steel nibs I have ever used (my favorite still is OPUS 88 nib). It is very smooth & on par with many gold nibs. It also comes with gold nib , you have to pay extra $130 for it. I have it too, it is equally nice. It writes very well too. But price goes too high with gold nib, their are many amazing pens available in that category. For anyone looking for heavy pen with a good nib, I will recommend it.

Note – I have three of these, one with steel nib & other with gold nib. Two were purchased by me from Goulet Pens & third one from a local store.*

Full Review Link-*https://inkpenlover.wordpress.com/20...-250-category/

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inkpenlover For This Useful Post:

SlowMovingTarget (May 15th, 2021), whorne (May 22nd, 2021), Yazeh (May 21st, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Diplomat Excellence A2 Skyline Review – A pen you can consider in sub $250 catego

Don't you find metal pens too heavy to be used as EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkpenlover View Post
    Pros-

Beautiful Finish

Perfectly Balanced

Snap Cap

Comfortable grith

Great Packing

Cons-

Price is very higher for steel nib variant , you will get too many gold nibs in this price segment.

Clip is tight.

Diplomat*don’t has good Customer Service, incase your pen turns out to be faulty.

Cap Type- Snap Cap

Grip Material- Resin

Postable – Yes

Trim – Silver

Other Aspects –

Packing-*Great! you will like the presentation. It contains pen resting on Diplomat Satin Pillow, converter,cartridge & service guide.***

Design –*The pen is perfectly balanced,with a very simple minimalistic branding. It’s aesthetically pleasing. There is a small stepdown from the body to the grip section.You won’t have any issue with grip section.It is not smooth & even people with large hands will love this.********************************************* ***********

Nib Performance-*It has amazing steel nib, one of the best steel nibs I have ever used (my favorite still is OPUS 88 nib). It is very smooth & on par with many gold nibs. It also comes with gold nib , you have to pay extra $130 for it. I have it too, it is equally nice. It writes very well too. But price goes too high with gold nib, their are many amazing pens available in that category. For anyone looking for heavy pen with a good nib, I will recommend it.

Note – I have three of these, one with steel nib & other with gold nib. Two were purchased by me from Goulet Pens & third one from a local store.*

Thanks

Default Re: Diplomat Excellence A2 Skyline Review – A pen you can consider in sub $250 catego

Also is coating reliable? I am seriously looking to get one after your review. I am new to this platform. Can someone other tell me in detail about this pen?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkpenlover View Post
    Pros-

Beautiful Finish

Perfectly Balanced

Snap Cap

Comfortable grith

Great Packing

Cons-

Clip is tight.

Cap Type- Snap Cap

Grip Material- Resin

Postable – Yes

Trim – Silver

Other Aspects –

Thanks

I like mine. I've got one with a 14k nib in Midnight blue. But it's a tank whilst I like it a lot it is substantially heavier then most of my other pens so I rarely use it.

Thanks

I found Diplomat's customer service to be excellent. The cap on my Excellence mark 1 broke, and Diplomat replaced it for free. I se-mailed them and received a new cap within a week. (Of course, your experience might reflect the distributor in the USA). The pens come with a 4 year guarantee. Online retailers normally give good discounts on the Marrakesh versiion - so they needn't not cost much more that a Pelikan M200 if you go for the cheaper trim.

I love mine. It has on eof the best steel nibs out there.