Thread: Eversharp Flat-top Restored

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Default Eversharp Flat-top Restored

An old friend who travels a lot sends me a Christmas box of fountain pens she finds in junk shops, most of which are junk. I restore those worth the effort and give one back to her the next Christmas— she's keen on Esterbrook and Parker.

Anyhow, there was a pen in the box that was a brilliant deep red, a Wahl Eversharp. But the endcap had been pried off and the pocket clip (with the cool little rolling ball) scavenged. I did an R & R on the innards and it wrote really well, so I started looking for the missing bits. Found an orphan cap in a different color on eBay, for the clip, but the end cap was buggered. So I made a new one out of an old black button.

It appears to be the c.1927 celluloid flat-top, in a color called Coral.

It's good to save a pen from the dead, so to speak. No doubt my use of non-original endcap material diminishes the value, but I enjoyed working on it and will keep it for writing and occasional fondling.
    Last edited by Chip; June 27th, 2021 at 10:20 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (June 29th, 2021), eachan (June 29th, 2021), FredRydr (June 28th, 2021), guyy (June 28th, 2021), KrazyIvan (June 29th, 2021), Robert (June 28th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Eversharp Flat-top Restored

Well done, and who knows, you might find the original end-cap someday !