Thread: Looking for CURRENTLY fountain pen-friendly paper reams in the US

Thanks

Default Looking for CURRENTLY fountain pen-friendly paper reams in the US

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for a cheap paper (I'm willing to go up to maybe $20 for a 500-sheet ream) that works well with fountain pens.

I just finished what seems to be the last ream of good paper I had (see picture). I have no idea of what that paper was.

The next ream I opened was from Staples (20 Lbs, 92 brightness, cheap copy paper) and it's a disgrace.

I've been reading like crazy about paper, because I'm not about to spend a ton of money on paper, but I do need something whose performance is similar to the paper I was using until now, which had some feathering, but nowhere nearly as what I'm seeing with the Staples ream.

I'm aware that HP's paper, which used to be fountain pen-friendly no longer is, but I'm wondering if it's at least close to what I was using, which again, I have no clue of the brand and type.

I read mixed reviews about treezero (cane paper), but the least I can buy is 3 reams and the company seems to have gone out of business (number disconnected).

Can anyone suggest a paper that'll work acceptably well and I can ideally pick up at staples?

Thanks!

Alex

Thanks

Default Re: Looking for CURRENTLY fountain pen-friendly paper reams in the US

It is a bit outside your price range, but I have heard decent things about Kokuyo paper reams sold from Amazon. ($22~25)

Performance should be very good with minimal to no feathering, and almost no ghosting unless you’re writing with bold+ pens.

I am using cosmo air light currently, but I will probably try this soon considering cosmo makes all my fine nibs look like mediums.
    Last edited by sworist; July 14th, 2021 at 02:59 PM.
    -NK

u/sworist

Thanks

I got some HP Premium paper from Amazon in May: 24lb and 28lb and some 32lb earlier. For me, they are almost as good as the old version of HP. I write with fine or EF nibs. Other people have had more problems with the newer version of HP Premium paper than I have, so your mileage may vary. Kokuyu papers I've used have been decent, but are more expensive and are in metric sizes. For notebooks I use Clairefontaine, but they are expensive/page.

HP 24lb, $13.35 for 500 sheet ream 8.5x11, https://www.amazon.com/HP-Printer-Pa..._dp&th=1&psc=1

HP 32lb is $12.62/500 at amazon: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Printer-Pa..._dp&th=1&psc=1

Thanks

If you're searching for fountain pen-friendly paper reams in the US, look no further! There are plenty of great options available that can enhance your writing experience and prevent ink feathering or bleed-through. Be sure to check out popular brands like Rhodia, Clairefontaine, and Tomoe River, which are known for their exceptional quality when it comes to fountain pen use. The Top 5 Popular Fence Styles for Modern Homes in Beaumont, TX