Thread: looking for pocket sized weekly planner

Thanks

Default looking for pocket sized weekly planner

I used to use Rhodia weekly planners in the pocket size, about 4x6 for theirs, but they discontinued it. I switched to Leuchturmm, which are soft cover, and smaller, about 3.5"x5.9". I like them fine, with one exception, the printed matter is so faint I can scarcely see it, a very light quarter tone grey. Does anyone know of any alternative I should look into? It needs to be pocket size, the 4x6 size of the Rhodia is about maximum. It is my essential accessory I do not use digital devices. My shirt pockets are larger than dress shirt average, no dress shirts for me anymore. I like the week on a page format, with empty lines on the facing page. the Rhodia would slip Sunday over onto the bottom of the face page, I did not mind that.
    Appreciate any tips, may just have to go Leuchturmm again, which would be OK, just need to carry reading glasses along with the planner and my carry pen of the day.
    thanks, Ed

Thanks

Default Re: looking for pocket sized weekly planner

Hi Ed, I can recommend Paperblanks in the ”verso" layout. Alternatively you may want to look at Kokuyo B6 size Techo (not the layout you want, though), or Midori B6 weekly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaguarish For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (September 1st, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 588 Posts

Have you considered a Hobonichi A6 planner? It's the same size as the Leuchtturm, and the paper is Tomoe River. Jet Pens has them. There's a slide show on their website showing front and back and insides, and the printing is crisp and readable. Tomoe River is one of my favorite papers. The only downside I can see is that it's not cheap, but because Tomoe paper is so thin, I imagine there are a lot of pages in it, which would make it a better deal. Anyway, you might want to check it out.

Went and looked at it a little more closely. It's not really a weekly planner. There's a section for the whole year, then a monthly planner section, and then a daily planner section. Didn't see one with a weekly breakdown. Also the description said it was the new "S" Tomoe River paper, which can take ink a little longer to dry on, so I'd think I'd want to use a fast-drying ink with it if I had one.

Re the Midori B6, I think it also comes in a "slim," which is 3.7" wide. B6 is 4.8 inches wide. Anyway, the Midori "Pocket Diary" does. Not sure if that's what Jaguarish was referring to.
    Last edited by calamus; September 10th, 2023 at 10:49 PM.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

Kokuyo Jibun Techo is another option which comes in "slim A5" size. You can also buy other kokuyo notebooks such as the Idea (grid paper) or go whole hog and buy an entire planner set to get you started.