Hi,

I'm desperately looking for a cheap paper (I'm willing to go up to maybe $20 for a 500-sheet ream) that works well with fountain pens.

I just finished what seems to be the last ream of good paper I had (see picture). I have no idea of what that paper was.

The next ream I opened was from Staples (20 Lbs, 92 brightness, cheap copy paper) and it's a disgrace.

I've been reading like crazy about paper, because I'm not about to spend a ton of money on paper, but I do need something whose performance is similar to the paper I was using until now, which had some feathering, but nowhere nearly as what I'm seeing with the Staples ream.

I'm aware that HP's paper, which used to be fountain pen-friendly no longer is, but I'm wondering if it's at least close to what I was using, which again, I have no clue of the brand and type.

I read mixed reviews about treezero (cane paper), but the least I can buy is 3 reams and the company seems to have gone out of business (number disconnected).

Can anyone suggest a paper that'll work acceptably well and I can ideally pick up at staples?

Thanks!

Alex