Thread: SCRIBO FOUNTAIN PEN REVIEW- Pros & Cons !!

Thanks

Default SCRIBO FOUNTAIN PEN REVIEW- Pros & Cons !!

Pros-

- Great Nib!
    - Nice Packaging & Pen Roll
    - Excellent Section Area
    - Looks Premium
    - Flawless Construction & Set up
    - Piston Filler with 1.42 ml ink capacity
    - Unique shape & look of the pen (everyone won’t like it)
    - Big yet comfortable pen

Cons-

- Very expensive.
    - Very Very Wet Nib, some may not like this.
    - No Ink Window
    - Lacks great Celluloid/Colorful resins that Omas used to use earlier.
    - Does not post (for the one who post pens)

Specs-

Faceted with a decagonal shape
    Trim: Rhodium Silver Plated Trim
    Nib: Rhodium-Finished 18kt Gold with ebonite feed
    Length Closed: 149.2 mm / 5.875 inches
    Length Open: 133.5 mm / 5.255 inches
    Maximum Diameter: 17 mm / 0.67 inches
    Weight: 1.29oz / 36.50g
    Weight cap – 21.0g
    Weight body- 15.0g
    Cap does not post on back-end
    Gift boxed with a double pen pouch
    Filling System: Internal Piston Mechanism (bottled ink only) holds 1.42ml of ink
    Cap type- Threaded
    Ebonite feeder ø 6,50 with 2 capillaries
    Clip and metal components with rhodium or ruthenium finishing

Packaging- Amazing ! Aesthetically pleasing package, it’s very simple but looks amazing. It’s all Recyclable too. You get a great pen roll with this pen.

Design- Unique Design, It is a big pen about size of MB149/OPUS 88 Omar. It doesn’t post. Pen has 12 facets on all bar the threads, so even on the grip, and these do line up precisely.The piston nob also curves round, but not much and it looks nice. The cap finial is made up of metal with a Scribo logo. Their is also engraving of Scribo on the barrel. Their is a band at the end of the grip,I don’t like it. All metal work is ruthenium plated. Clip is really nice & is a springy curved pen. Its a large pen but is very well balanced & comfortable to write with.

Filling Mechanism- Good,Smooth Piston Filler with absolutely no problems with huge ink capacity.

Nibs & Performance- Good, This pen comes in 2 nib options – 18k non-flexible nib in EF, F, M, and B; and a 14k “flexible” nib in the same sizes.The pen writes perfectly out of the box. It’s a very wet pen & you will need a good paper if you want to use this pen for regular note taking.The standard 18 k mono-line nibs are quite stiff. I have tried 3 Scribo pens, all wrote exceptionally well out of the box. These are one of the best nibs I have ever used.Scribo lived up OMAS reputation!

Conclusion- It’s a really nice pen & I enjoyed writing with it . It has a great nib with unique design but their is nothing special about the material. Their are many options available from other good brands in this segment. It’s a well-crafted pen and the flex nib is superior but most people won’t like to invest that much in a new brand with no history/legacy/customer service .

CONID amazing bulkfiller too comes in this price range, I will be reviewing it shortly!

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Inkpenlover For This Useful Post:

Andrew_Lensky (July 17th, 2021), carlos.q (July 6th, 2021), CoffeeForTheAdmiral (November 29th, 2021), damfino (August 3rd, 2021), Detman101 (July 7th, 2021), DrPenfection (July 17th, 2021), fountainpenkid (July 6th, 2021), guyy (July 6th, 2021), Robert (July 6th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: SCRIBO FOUNTAIN PEN REVIEW- Pros & Cons !!

I don’t like the section trim ring either. That alone eliminates any desire to own the pen.

Flexible is in quotation marks. Is that because the nib is not very flexible?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

Inkpenlover (July 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    I don’t like the section trim ring either. That alone eliminates any desire to own the pen.

Flexible is in quotation marks. Is that because the nib is not very flexible?
    Yeah some people won't like that ring , a couple of my friends feel that the ring doesn't suit the pen ..but that's upto ones personal preference & taste .

I have tried flexible nib and for long hours too . It's flexible,it's good but OMAS vintage nibs are on next level when it comes to flex . SCRIBO is doing great work though inspite of being a very new company. But the price you pay for it is bit too much .

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inkpenlover For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (July 7th, 2021), DrPenfection (July 17th, 2021), guyy (July 17th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 249 Posts

Thanks for review! In order to pay "very expensive" for an unknown brand, the pen must be simple, perfect, without any cons.
    About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org or watch on social networks
    FB: @ArtDesignPenS
    Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS
    Instagram: @andrew.lensky