Thread: How did I become a montblanc fan girl?

Thanks

Default How did I become a montblanc fan girl?

When I first started collecting fountain pens, I loved Japanese pens. I acquired some beautiful Nakayas, a few Danitrio’s and plenty of Pilots (especially the limited edition VP’s). My collection of Sailors was extensive. I bought into the popular opinion that Montblancs were overpriced status symbols. Then a while ago, I saw a huge deal on a Mozart (I love Mozart) and thought I’d give it a try just to say that I own one. Also, it was cute.

Now I have 5 writers editions (including two full sets of FP/bp/mp) , the entire 12 La Petit Prince collection (which has personal meaning for me), the full Muses collection, and too many ballpoints/roller balls to count. Also a 149, a Bordeaux 145 and a few cheap vintage lower quality that lay around the house to do crosswords or write grocery lists. They all write like butter out of the box. I’ve had some custom ground for calligraphy, and I have used a set of 147 FP/bp/mp as my daily carry for years. I love every single one of them.

I now own two sailors and one pilot. Still haven’t sold my Nakayas or danitrios, but they are uninked and I mainly just admire how they look.

I know I’m speaking to the choir here, but I just want to say, my name is jofrogger and I love Montblanc. They are beautiful and comfortable to hold and smooth to write with. I’m in the military and the choice of my writing utensil doesn’t impress anyone, I just use them because I love them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jofrogger For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (July 10th, 2021)

Senior Member INeedAFinancialAdvisor's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: How did I become a montblanc fan girl?

wow... that's a lot of MB
    Well, at least you know what you like, and it makes you happy

Thanks

Default Re: How did I become a montblanc fan girl?

I bought a Generation in one of the airport boutiques while waiting for a flight. The section cracked after a few years, and that soured me on MBs. A few years down the road, i inherited a bunch of pens from family in Japan, one of which was an MB 220. The 220 was a great writer for an XF but i’m more of a broad nib guy so i got myself a 146 with a broad nib. I liked that one even more than the 220. From there it was 149s and vintage MBs.