Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Montblanc USA Fort Worth Repair Center now CLOSED.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 428 Posts

Default Montblanc USA Fort Worth Repair Center now CLOSED.

Just a quick note that the Ft. Worth Repair Center in Texas is now CLOSED! All USA repairs (pens, watches, leather goods, etc.) has now got to be sent to a place called MyJewelryRepair.com

I sent in my MB Large Boheme directly to the the FT. Worth Repair Center by USPS on 14 July 2021 because the cartridge travel system was getting very stiff to turn. Sent it to their USPS PO Box 955004 by Priority Mail with insurance and signed receipt requested. It arrived on 17 July and was signed for by Iris with the Montblanc RTC physical address written in -- 15100 Trinity Blvd. #300.

This morning I received this email:

"Dear Mr. (removed),

Thank you very much for sending your writing instrument to us for service.

We are currently transitioning our repair service to a new location with My Jewelry Repair. For the security of your Montblanc creation, we will be sending your writing instrument home to you with packaging and instructions for you to send it to the new repair location.

We appreciate your understanding and patience as we go through this change. Your writing instrument should be home soon with further instructions.

Should you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to call our Concierge Service on 1-800-995-4810, and a Montblanc Ambassador will be happy to assist you. Our representatives are available from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    Ally

Montblanc Customer Service"

-------------------------------------------
    So the new Contact for MB USA Repair is at https://myjewelryrepair.com/authoriz...ces/montblanc/

Just a FYI to our members...

All the Best.
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (November 7th, 2023), BlkWhiteFilmPix (August 5th, 2021), Chrissy (July 27th, 2021), Yazeh (August 7th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Default Re: Montblanc USA Fort Worth Repair Center now CLOSED.

I think that the Lamy U.S. repair center was a similar Fort Worth address 5 years ago when I used it. Hmmm

Thanks

I purchased a Mark Twain writers edition fountain pen from eBay last week. It was in overall nice condition but had some dried up ink in the feed and around the nib and was giving me hard starts. So I wanted to sent it in for a good cleaning and tune-up. I went through the Montblanc USA website and of course was directed through their new service portal using MyJewelryRepair which is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. They make you purchase a UPS shipping label through the submission site. I went with 2nd day air which cost around $25. I did find it a little weird the MyJewelryRepair website makes no mention of working on "writing instruments" but of course when going through the Montblanc site they clearly state that MyJewelryRepair works on all Montblanc products including writing instruments. It will be interesting to see how much the service costs and how long the turn-around ends up taking.
    Last edited by richmadeknives; July 28th, 2021 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Fingers crossed that they turn out to be a great service department for Montblanc pens.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (August 5th, 2021)

Thanks

So I thought I might continue to provide a real-time version of the repair of my Montblanc. My pen was sent from the MB Repair faciilty in Fort Worth Texas back to my house by Fedex 2nd Day Air, arrived yesterday and had to be signed for. It was nicely packed and came with a form letter from Richemont North America saying "Montblanc US has decided to exclusively rely on its External Service Network for all repairs to Montblanc creations beginning July 12th 2021." Below that is a link to the My Jewelry Repair website, which is the same as I previously posted.

Since the package arrived early in the morning I quickly repacked the pen in a new box. Just like fpg member richmadeknives I went on the new website, created an account, filled out the forms and generated a 2nd Day UPS Air packing label that I printed out. Cost to me was $20 which included $700 insurance (payable with a credit card only). You can ONLY ship out by UPS if you want to generate the packing label. UPS charges by the travel zone so mine was cheaper than richmadeknives since the travel was within the Southern California travel zone. For the record, the physical address is MJR, 10823 Edison Court, Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730. I dropped off the package at my local UPS Store at 1524hrs and got a receipt for the drop-off (you have to ask for one.) It was picked up by the UPS truck at 1734hrs according to the tracking number and today at 0914hrs it is listed as out for delivery.

According to the MyJewelryStore email I received "As soon as your package arrives at our secure repair facility, our technicians will go to work providing a quote (if you need one) and completing your repair. You’ll hear from us as soon as your package arrives."

I'll keep updating this thread as repair (or lack of) progresses so fpg members know what to expect for their future MB pen repairs.

Update 1: UPS Tracking shows my package was deivered today at their dock at 0959hrs and signed for by Sonia.

Update 2: Received an email from MyJewelryRepair at 1155hrs --

"I'm happy to report that we've received your item(s) at our secure repair facility.
    Our master technicians are performing their initial assessment of your item(s).
    For items covered by a warranty or maintenance agreement, we'll let you know as soon as your repair begins.
    For items not covered by a warranty or maintenance agreement, you can expect a repair quote for your approval within the next few days.

Order: (removed) "
    Last edited by junglejim; August 5th, 2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling, as usual

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (August 26th, 2021), BlkWhiteFilmPix (August 5th, 2021), Chrissy (August 4th, 2021), TSherbs (August 4th, 2021), welch (September 2nd, 2021), Yazeh (August 7th, 2021)

Thanks

It's a bit disappointing that you have so far had to pay two lots of insured mail to get it to two different repair centres. Why couldn't Texas service centre send it to My Jewellery repair for you rather than take the additional and delay causing unnecessary step of sending it back to you so that you would have to send it on to them?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (August 26th, 2021), guyy (August 7th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (August 5th, 2021), TSherbs (August 4th, 2021), Yazeh (August 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    It's a bit disappointing that you have so far had to pay two lots of insured mail to get it to two different repair centres. Why couldn't Texas service centre send it to My Jewellery repair for you rather than take the additional and delay causing unnecessary step of sending it back to you so that you would have to send it on to them?
    True. I wonder if it is because MyJewelry Repair is an authorized 3rd Party and not part of the official Montblanc Richemont world like the Boutiques. I know that in the past repairs go back and forth between the Boutiques and the old Fort Worth Repair Center. Perhaps liability ramifications if an item is lost or damaged in transit? Not a lawyer so I wouldn't know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    True. I wonder if it is because MyJewelry Repair is an authorized 3rd Party and not part of the official Montblanc Richemont world like the Boutiques. I know that in the past repairs go back and forth between the Boutiques and the old Fort Worth Repair Center. Perhaps liability ramifications if an item is lost or damaged in transit? Not a lawyer so I wouldn't know.
    In your particular case there was a really good reason. Texas sent it to California and both you and My Jewellery Repair are in that state. Just seems odd to me.

Thanks

Ok I will follow the lead from junglejim with detailed updates:

1. 7/21: I purchased a Montblanc Mark Twain writers edition fountain pen (Medium nib) off an eBay seller. It was in great condition but had some "hard start" issues where the ink would lag a little behind when first starting to write. I noticed there was dried up ink behind the feed that was still there even after soaking in distilled water for 24hrs. I figured the fountain pen could benefit from a cleaning and nib tuning.
    2. 7/27: I followed the Montblanc USA service repair process thru MyJewelryRepair and paid for 2nd day air with a shipping cost of $25 from Colorado to California. I dropped the package at UPS on the same day.
    3. 7/29: Received a "shipment received" confirmation email from MyJewelryRepair.
    4. 8/04: Received an email from MyJewelryRepair stating my "Quote was ready for approval". This email includes a link to the MyJewelryRepair website where you can review/approve/reject/pay for the work. My repair quote said as follows:

To return your writing instrument to working condition will require service level (Flat Rate 1). This service includes careful examination and diagnosis, complete disassembly, cleaning and exchange of broken or worn pieces. We look forward to bringing your writing instrument back to life.
    Preexisting condition: Nib service and consumables
    Repair Description: limited/special - flat rate 1
    Cost: $0.00
    Recommended Repair(s): Although not essential to the overall condition of the item, the following repairs are recommended by our professionals.
    No Recommended Repairs

5. I had to approve the repairs (even though it was a zero dollar estimate) and pay for a return shipping label, which I chose the same 2nd Day UPS Air for $25.
    6. My repair order is now in status: Repair(s) in Progress

So it would appear that MyJewelryRepair is doing a cleaning on the Nib at no-charge, which is great and hopefully the Mark Twain will be on its way to me soon. Total cost would end up at $50 for shipping in both directions.

Keep in mind one small side benefit of this entire process is a receipt showing that your fountain pen is fully serviced and is a genuine Montblanc if you wanted to resell it (which I don't - so don't ask :-) This is a great option for piece of mind if you purchased your Montblanc off places like eBay, etc. and also wanted confirmation of authenticity.
    Last edited by richmadeknives; August 7th, 2021 at 09:01 AM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richmadeknives For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 7th, 2021), junglejim (August 6th, 2021), TSherbs (August 7th, 2021), Yazeh (August 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Glad to hear, richmadeknives and thanks for posting this. I'm relieved to hear that MyJewelryRepair is still adhering to Montblanc's original Service Tiers (1,2,or 3).

Thanks

That sounds very good so far richmadeknives. Did you send anything with the pen? Warranty booklet? Purchase receipt?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

That double $25 shipping charge would miff me, but watcha gonna do? You're getting a thorough, professional cleaning on an expensive pen for $50. I suppose that's a fair deal, in the big picture.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

That sounds very good so far richmadeknives. Did you send anything with the pen? Warranty booklet? Purchase receipt?
    No I just sent the fountain pen by itself.
    Last edited by richmadeknives; August 7th, 2021 at 09:02 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to richmadeknives For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 7th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    That double $25 shipping charge would miff me, but watcha gonna do? You're getting a thorough, professional cleaning on an expensive pen for $50. I suppose that's a fair deal, in the big picture.

You can also choose ground shipping but the cost savings wasn't much (like $5 each way). In my experience air shipping gets handled better than ground so to me it was worth the extra cost. Also the price includes insurance for the value that you input during the repair ordering process.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to richmadeknives For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 7th, 2021)

Thanks

He's also getting a 1 year new warranty on the pen. Since the new MB Authorized Repair Center is doing a repair, richmadeknives will be getting a receipt that proves the Mark Twain WE pen he purchased is genuine and not a fake copy, so if he decides to sell it at a later date he has authentication. MB does not work on fake/counterfeit pens.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 7th, 2021), Robert (August 7th, 2021)

Thanks

It would miff me too. If they do end up charging a level one service on top of that $50 then it becomes a much more significant expense.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

By returning to owner, Montblanc avoids responsibility in the event the owner wouldn't want the pen being placed in the hands of a third party, especially one with no reputation for pen repairs.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 25th, 2021), junglejim (August 9th, 2021)

Thanks

Just received email notification today that my repair is complete and is being shipped back to me (2nd day air). Took longer than I expected since this was just a clean and tune job.

Thanks

Congrats! I called MyJewelryRepair to check on the status of my order since they received it on 8/04. Spoke to Diana after an 18 minute wait and she said they are awaiting parts from Germany. No eta.

Thanks

I have sent my new 1912 in to get the nib changed and has been a fairly bad experience thus far. Pen received and quote for $225 provided, called and said this should be free of charge as its within 6 weeks of purchase from an AD - have been getting the run around for a week on them trying to fix it or talking to the 'Montblanc Department'. If it continues, I may just suck it up and pay the free so I dont have to wait months for the nib change.