Thread: MB Ultra Black LeGrand, Solti Donation Fountain Pens New in Boxes

Thanks

Default MB Ultra Black LeGrand, Solti Donation Fountain Pens New in Boxes

As one gets old(er), it’s interesting how the perception of things change. Having “too many pens” feels different now than it did a few decades ago. So, I’m at a point where I am reluctantly going to “start” to part with some of my good friends, and I reckon it’s best to start with the ones that are hardest to say goodbye to. After these, next will be NOS Pelikans. (Of course, none of this will deter me from pursuing a grail pen or two.)
    I bought all three of these Mont Blanc new, and they have stayed in their cases since then, new, untouched and unused. Shipping will be by USPS Priority, fully insured, and only to US addresses.

1) SOLD Mont Blanc Le Grand Ultra Black with a medium nib. Gorgeous pen, no longer in production. Blackish ink window. You can find the ultra black for sale occasionally in the 145 Classique size, but rarely does the 146/Le Grand size show up, especially as NOS. $725 plus $18 to cover part of the shipping and insurance.

2) Georg Solti donation series fountain pen, F nib. The Donation Series pens are dedicated to musicians, and almost without exception, strikingly beautiful. The Solti pen is no exception. Intricate engraving on the nib, and intricate detail on the cap set this pen apart. The original box is large, and attractive. The set includes a CD and two unopened decks of bridge cards, as bridge was one of Solti’s great delights. The jet-black precious resin with the platinized fittings pays tribute to the pianist side of Solti: the clip symbolizes the keyboard of a piano, while the cap rings reflect the piano strings. Comes with inner and outer boxes, and outer white cardboard…all perfect. $495 plus $18 to cover part of the insurance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dougb1426; August 1st, 2021 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: MB Ultra Black LeGrand, Solti Donation Fountain Pens New in Boxes

MB Ultra Black is sold.

Thanks

Default Re: MB Ultra Black LeGrand, Solti Donation Fountain Pens New in Boxes

Georg Solti is sold.