Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Chinese pens you used today.

Thanks

Default Re: What Chinese pens you used today.

I finally got my Jinhao 599 to work. I haven't had a problem with others, but this Coral one I bought by itself just was not writing. I used the converter and inked with Noodler's Baystate Concord Grape and it looks like it is coming to life. I will keep this pen inked with very wet ink and see what happens - I am afraid to tinker with the nib and feed just yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sagehen View Post
    I finally got my Jinhao 599 to work. I haven't had a problem with others, but this Coral one I bought by itself just was not writing. I used the converter and inked with Noodler's Baystate Concord Grape and it looks like it is coming to life. I will keep this pen inked with very wet ink and see what happens - I am afraid to tinker with the nib and feed just yet.
    If you're going to buy cheap Chinese pens, you should probably learn to tweak the nibs. It really isn't that hard and there are instructions on the web. A good magnifier helps. The 599 is a good one to practice on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parsimonious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagehen View Post
    If you're going to buy cheap Chinese pens, you should probably learn to tweak the nibs. It really isn't that hard and there are instructions on the web. A good magnifier helps. The 599 is a good one to practice on.
    Thank you - I am just learning about all the info/community in this area. I don't anticipate buying any more but I bought this one to match another pen and I hoped it would work like another I had gotten. I will look for some videos and take a stab at it.