Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Preserve, protect and defend

Thanks

Default Preserve, protect and defend

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1, Clause 8:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:–I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The Supreme Court, Justice Kavanaugh concurring:

I agree with the District Court and the applicants that
    the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention exceeded
    its existing statutory authority by issuing a nationwide
    eviction moratorium.
    In my view, clear and specific congressional authorization
    (via new legislation) would be necessary for the CDC to extend
    the moratorium past July 31.

President Biden:

“I can't guarantee you the court won’t rule that we don't have that authority, but at least we'll have the ability to, if we have to appeal, to keep this going for a month. At least. I hope longer.”

Question: Is relying on the time it will take to rule a new CDC moratorium is unconstitutional preserving, protecting or defending the US Constitution?

Thanks

Default Re: Preserve, protect and defend

This is how a democracy works with checks and balances. If you are in a position of leadership and you want to do something for others, you'll try something and if it does not work, you'll try something else. It is human nature to keep on trying. Sometimes you need a hammer and sometimes a feather. Hopefully someone is in office who understands the difference.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Trump comment in 3,2,1…
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    This is how a democracy works with checks and balances. If you are in a position of leadership and you want to do something for others, you'll try something and if it does not work, you'll try something else. It is human nature to keep on trying. Sometimes you need a hammer and sometimes a feather. Hopefully someone is in office who understands the difference.
    I’m not sure the current guy understands the difference between ice cream and sprinkles. You know, the thing, man…

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    I’m not sure the current guy understands the difference between ice cream and sprinkles. You know, the thing, man…
    Thank you, I was needing something you wrote to make a point. Next time you whine about me not discussing a topic, please refer back to your response here...LOL!!

Thanks

Why in the world would I want to discuss anything with you, Chuck? As long as you believe a half-assed assertion is the same as a rational argument, there's no point.

You ignore posts, you regurgitate woke talking points, there's no original thought. It's kind of sad, actually.

I'm happy to disagree. I'm happy to have civil conversations. I'm happy to pop in and laugh at you guys and point out your ridiculousness and hypocrisy.

I don't whine about you discussing or not discussing a topic. I point out that you are unable to follow along, and you post your weird shit haphazardly; regardless of the topic. Hell, I didn't even get my post typed before you implied Trump. You were faster than my 3 sec countdown. Color me surprised.

Lastly, it's telling that you ignore kazoolaw and jump straight to the personal attacks. But I'm the asshole...

Thanks

Why in the world would I want to discuss anything with you, Chuck? As long as you believe a half-assed assertion is the same as a rational argument, there's no point.

You ignore posts, you regurgitate woke talking points, there's no original thought. It's kind of sad, actually.

I'm happy to disagree. I'm happy to have civil conversations. I'm happy to pop in and laugh at you guys and point out your ridiculousness and hypocrisy.

I don't whine about you discussing or not discussing a topic. I point out that you are unable to follow along, and you post your weird shit haphazardly; regardless of the topic. Hell, I didn't even get my post typed before you implied Trump. You were faster than my 3 sec countdown. Color me surprised.

Lastly, it's telling that you ignore kazoolaw and jump straight to the personal attacks. But I'm the asshole...
    We agree, you are a ass with a hole.

Yes, you are a whinney butt, cry baby, little man with a insecuritly problem, but that's not the topic....LOL!!

You wouldn't know a conversation if it smacked the shit out out of you pie hole.

Thanks

*yawn*

Even your put downs are sad. “whinney butt”? Are you 12?

Thanks

*yawn*

Even your put downs are sad. “whinney butt”? Are you 12?
    I'm 13.

Thanks

CN-

Of course you do understand that when the President usurps the role of the Legislature (again) and the Supreme Court says his action is unconstitutional that the President's action goes around the checks and balances carefully provided for in the Constitution.

Understanding the difference? With Biden you have two choices: he doesn't know or he doesn't care. His statements indicate he knows, and has a callous disregard for his oath of office.

He'd be better off just picking one scoop or two, plain or waffle cone.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (August 16th, 2021), TSherbs (August 17th, 2021)

Thanks

"The case has been thoroughly briefed before us—twice. And careful review of that record makes clear that the applicants are virtually certain to succeed on the merits of their argument that the CDC has exceeded its authority. It would be one thing if Congress had specifically authorized the action that the CDC has taken. But that has not happened. Instead, the CDC has imposed a nationwide moratorium on evictions in reliance on a decades-old statute that authorizes it to implement measures like fumigation and pest extermination. It strains credulity to believe that this statute grants the CDC the sweeping authority that it asserts." (emphasis added) https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...21a23_ap6c.pdf

Presidential fail.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (August 27th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    CN-

Of course you do understand that when the President usurps the role of the Legislature (again) and the Supreme Court says his action is unconstitutional that the President's action goes around the checks and balances carefully provided for in the Constitution.

Understanding the difference? With Biden you have two choices: he doesn't know or he doesn't care. His statements indicate he knows, and has a callous disregard for his oath of office.

Biden has a history of thinking about the common man. It is in his DNA and one of the reasons I feel I can trust him. One man's "usurping" is another man cirriculum vitae.

Thanks

"The case has been thoroughly briefed before us—twice. And careful review of that record makes clear that the applicants are virtually certain to succeed on the merits of their argument that the CDC has exceeded its authority. It would be one thing if Congress had specifically authorized the action that the CDC has taken. But that has not happened. Instead, the CDC has imposed a nationwide moratorium on evictions in reliance on a decades-old statute that authorizes it to implement measures like fumigation and pest extermination. It strains credulity to believe that this statute grants the CDC the sweeping authority that it asserts." (emphasis added) https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...21a23_ap6c.pdf

Presidential fail.
    Nah, he's just trying to help, Kaz.

Thanks

CN-

Biden has a history of thinking about the common man. It is in his DNA and one of the reasons I feel I can trust him. One man's "usurping" is another man cirriculum vitae.
    Curious. Whose ‘94 crime bill resulted in a 60% black and latino prison population? Who bragged about that bill, claiming the Democratic Party was for “60 new death penalties”? “70 enhanced sentences”? “100,000 new cops”? “125,000 new prison cells”?

Whose crime bill sent Alice Johnson to prison for life?

Thanks

Who fired the air traffic controllers?

I guess I can play what about this as well…😂😂😂

Thanks

Only if your helping to tear down a constitutional republic.

Thanks

The common man he calls fat, and a lying dog-face pony soldier? Do you even know what that means?
    Joe Usurper is the insurrectionist. It's in his resume is it? Funny, don't remember the Democrat party platform including tearing down the Constitution.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (August 27th, 2021)

Thanks

The common man he calls fat, and a lying dog-face pony soldier? Do you even know what that means?
    Joe Usurper is the insurrectionist. It's in his resume is it? Funny, don't remember the Democrat party platform including tearing down the Constitution.
    Do I need to know? Is this about what you know that I don't know? Are there things I know that you don't? Does sharing ideas and concepts even register with you? Is you intent to pretend to be the smartest person in the room? I haven't a clue and at this point don't care.

Biden or Trump would never be my pick. I voted for McCain and Romnet, never Obama. Those were men who said things that truly didn't defind their character, the same as you and I have done I suspect.

This is a crazy aweful time to lead because of the American history that has caused the fragmentation in our society. As one op-ed writer said, you can't lead where you consider half the electorate bad people. You can't lead by not telling the truth about what it means to be African American, or brown, or female, or various sexual orientations. You cannot lead by pretending these things don't matter.

Old me sit around and talk about the "good old days" as if everyone had them.

For me, Biden was the best of two poor choices.

If you are so concerned about the Constitution you would have had a different reaction to Trump's January 6th speech. THere is plently un-Constitutional material to consider including trying to overturn a democratic election. This tells me you are not really that concerned.

Thanks

Who fired the air traffic controllers?

I guess I can play what about this as well…😂😂😂
    I know. I led you down a road that contradicted your stated belief and at the end presented you with the fact of your boogeyman pardoning the poor black woman, sent to prison for life by the guy who happens to be the current president.

Your complete deflection was entirely expected, and you impressively maintained your appearance of irrationality in the process. Well done.

Thanks

You did grasp the point: Biden has no particular regard for the common man.