Thread: Montblanc Meisterstück 146 Le Grand Solitaire Pinstripe Sterling Silver Fountain

Thanks

Default Montblanc Meisterstück 146 Le Grand Solitaire Pinstripe Sterling Silver Fountain

Hi! I just purchased a Montblanc Meisterstück 146 Le Grand Solitaire Pinstripe Sterling Silver Fountain pen from a local jeweler. I noticed that the band around the top does not have the "Meisterstuk" engraving. It was the display model and I know they mentioned the pen has been discontinued. Should I be worried about the lack of the ring? All other items seem to be ok - and the jeweler is a reputable person. Thanks for any thoughts. Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.34.01 AM.jpg

Thanks

Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 146 Le Grand Solitaire Pinstripe Sterling Silver Fountain

Maybe one of those edition that the band is a wedding ring perhaps?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agentdaffy007 For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 12th, 2021), patrick198 (August 8th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 428 Posts

Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 146 Le Grand Solitaire Pinstripe Sterling Silver Fountain

Quote Originally Posted by agentdaffy007 View Post
    Maybe one of those edition that the band is a wedding ring perhaps?
    You may be right. See the fine threads on patrick's cap. That's where the wedding ring screws in that has the Montblanc engraved logo. Here's a picture of I think a 144 wedding ring pinstripe:

https://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/20...96814e4604.jpg

and then a close-up of a 146 wedding ring pen with the actual ring screwed-off.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/15121...-1/s-l1000.jpg

Good identification!
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 12th, 2021), patrick198 (August 8th, 2021)

Thanks

Wow - you all are great! Thank you for that. I wonder where I can find the wedding ring screw on? Patrick
    Thank you again for your help. I was a little worried.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

As the other members say the cap must come from the wedding band edition. It originally came as a set of two pens but isn't a current model.

I don't fancy your chances of finding a genuine Mb screw on wedding band anywhere. It's even doubtful if Mb will have any but they might be the only possible source. I'm not sure whether they would even agree to fit one but it wouldn't do any harm to ask if it's possible and for a price quote. That won't be cheap as it was either 14ct or 18ct gold. Not gold plated like regular bands.

It might be easier to source a regular cap. You could try asking Mb about that too. However, they only used to replace parts that were necessary for correct function. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

Perhaps easiest of all is to not be too worried about the cap as it is. I know it doesn't look right but for me the wedding band always looked odd too as it stuck out too much. The cap fits and does it's job perfectly and it matches the condition of the pen. No problem.
    Last edited by Chrissy; August 12th, 2021 at 02:38 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

patrick198 (August 12th, 2021)

Thanks

Thank you Chrissy!