Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: WTT Lamy 2000 Broad Nib for Fine

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default WTT Lamy 2000 Broad Nib for Fine

    I mostly prefer fine nibs and thought I would expand my horizons to a broad with my first Lamy 2K. But itís just too wet for my tastes. I love the pen, and actually enjoy the broad occasionally. Iíve had the pen about a week and Iíve tried 2 different inks and Iíve written 3 or 4 pages with it. Willing to pay shipment to trade for a fine.

  2. #2
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,952
    Thanks
    4,088
    Thanked 7,080 Times in 2,845 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: WTT Lamy 2000 Broad Nib for Fine

    Where in the world are you? Are you planning on removing and only trading the nib?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  3. #3
    Senior Member guyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    773
    Thanks
    374
    Thanked 593 Times in 340 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: WTT Lamy 2000 Broad Nib for Fine

    If you like the broad, why not adjust the flow to make it write drier.

    Iíd also suggest an IG ink like Pelikan BB or R & K Salix or Scabiosa. My L2K B & BB are on a strict IG diet

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WTT Lamy 2000 Broad Nib for Fine

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Where in the world are you? Are you planning on removing and only trading the nib?
    Iím in Colorado. Yes, planning to remove and swap the nib.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WTT Lamy 2000 Broad Nib for Fine

    Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    If you like the broad, why not adjust the flow to make it write drier.

    Iíd also suggest an IG ink like Pelikan BB or R & K Salix or Scabiosa. My L2K B & BB are on a strict IG diet
    yes, thanks - Iíve tried drier inks and adjusting the nib, which helped. But Iím still interested in a trade to a fine.

  6. #6
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,952
    Thanks
    4,088
    Thanked 7,080 Times in 2,845 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: WTT Lamy 2000 Broad Nib for Fine

    I have a F nib that I would love to swap for a B but can confirm that no "adjustments" have been made to my F and that it's in 100% perfect as new condition. However I'm in the UK which would not be a problem as far as I'm concerned.
    When you say you've tried adjusting the nib exactly what did you do to it?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WTT Lamy 2000 Broad Nib for Fine

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I have a F nib that I would love to swap for a B but can confirm that no "adjustments" have been made to my F and that it's in 100% perfect as new condition. However I'm in the UK which would not be a problem as far as I'm concerned.
    When you say you've tried adjusting the nib exactly what did you do to it?
    My adjustments were to gently squeeze the tines together to reduce the ink flow and make it less wet. That only worked marginally. Also, I bought this pen from another user on Reddit so it was not new when I purchased it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •