Thread: Pentrace

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Pentrace

Is anyone else having problems logging into Pentrace? Every time I try I just get dumped back to the main screen where it says I am not logged in. Tried sending message through the internal message contact box, and that takes me to the Domain host page and nothing else. Have sent email to one of the other contact addresses... no replies. And the reset password function gives me an invalid url link.

TIA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 397 Posts

Default Re: Pentrace

I gave up on PT a couple of years ago because of the same login problems.

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....
    Please contact us by email, and not PM for repair inquiries.

Thanks

It only works for me on my laptop, which i don’t use as much as in the past.

It’s too bad; Pentrace was good, especially before everyone went to that Disneyfied pen site.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

I can login just fine today (just now).

Contact Giovanni, this is his published email tryphon@comcast.net.

I think Pentrace is a fun place. A different dynamics than here or reddit or FPN for sure, but I learn a lot about pens I didn't know before from the active users there.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 436 Posts

I just logged into the main Pentrace message board and market place. No problems for me.
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

Thanks

Logged in with no delay.

Thanks

It rarely let's me log in. I use the "forgot password" link (even though I know my password), it send me a temporary, I log in and change my password, and the next time I try...... same thing. It won't let me in.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

I never have an issue logging into Pentrace from computer, iPad, or phone. It would be nice to identify the problem that a small percentage of people have, though, as it is reported regularly, if not frequently. I'll make them aware of the situation in a post.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whichwatch View Post
    It rarely let's me log in. I use the "forgot password" link (even though I know my password), it send me a temporary, I log in and change my password, and the next time I try...... same thing. It won't let me in.
    Have you contacted Giovanni or Len regarding this?
    - Will

Thanks

I tried to contact via the webmonkey@pentrace email address, though not had any reply. At the time I didn't have Giovanni's email, but now I do - thanks Will. And also thanks to Jon for offering to make a post to raise awareness of this issue as it seems from the responses here that this access problem does exist for some.

edit: have messaged Giovanni
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; August 17th, 2021 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks

Response to my post at Pentrace from Giovanni:

I just addressed a problem with a member's login: it turned out to be the fact that he was trying to log in and he used a capital letter for his username, while he had registered his name all in lower case. Also, sometimes you will have to empty your cache. If you have changed your PC, you may have to log in, for the first time, on the yellow board and at www.newpentrace.net, not at www.newpentrace.com

Also, if logging in on an Android device, make sure your username and password are spelled exactly as in your other devices. When I get a request for assistance, I usually respond within a few hours or even faster, if I happen to be connected when I receive the message.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Yes, Giovanni and I have had a bit of back and forth but nothing was working, even after the changes. So, I removed all the restrictions from my internet access and that made no difference. However, I then changed to a different browser and was able to log in without any problem. So it appears to be, at least for me, a browser issue. It would be interesting to hear from those who are experiencing something similar as to what browser they are using. For a long time I've been using Microsoft Edge - this is the one that is giving me problems - but has no issue when I switched to Firefox.

Thanks again, Jon, for following this up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Yes, Giovanni and I have had a bit of back and forth but nothing was working, even after the changes. So, I removed all the restrictions from my internet access and that made no difference. However, I then changed to a different browser and was able to log in without any problem. So it appears to be, at least for me, a browser issue. It would be interesting to hear from those who are experiencing something similar as to what browser they are using. For a long time I've been using Microsoft Edge - this is the one that is giving me problems - but has no issue when I switched to Firefox.

David, I just logged into Pentrace using MS Edge browser, which I have never done on this particular computer.

This is the URL that serves the Login page: https://secure.boardhost.com/mb/login/pentrace

And I was able to login (and logout and login again) without any issues.
    - Will

Thanks

I switched to Edge sometime in the last year (for some reasons). Again, it has presented no issues at all for me.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post

David, I just logged into Pentrace using MS Edge browser, which I have never done on this particular computer.

This is the URL that serves the Login page: https://secure.boardhost.com/mb/login/pentrace

And I was able to login (and logout and login again) without any issues.

That's weird. The URL you give above works fine for me on Edge as well. What I am now seeing is that navigating through the Home Page link on Pentrace is where I get logged out, as well as using the banner links to both Main Message and Market. However, if I use the links below the banner where they are listed as 'Main (yellow) Message Board' and 'PenMarket Board for buying and selling', I can log in just fine.

I have no explanation for why this is the case.

EDIT: have updated my favourites list to include the login page URL above, and remove the existing link to the Pentrace home page. Now it all works, but I have to stay away from the site's home page to avoid being logged out again.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; August 17th, 2021 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks

Will’s link does the trick. I am able to login from ios, which i couldn’t do before. Thanks!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

penwash (August 18th, 2021)