Thread: Levenger True Writer Anniversary Edition

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Default Levenger True Writer Anniversary Edition

This is not the sort of pen I look for, being more interested in restoring vintage and antique instruments. But my darling gave me a gift certificate for our anniversary, so I bought an anniversary pen. Never had a stainless steel pen, let alone with a guilloché pattern. With gold-plated bands and clip. Very flash looking object. Pull it out at a meeting and you'd be the center of attention.

It's extremely heavy. The weightiest pen I own by far. I like it somewhat, but it needs getting used to. God forbid you should drop it point down— it'd probably stick in your foot. I ordered the fine nib, which looks more like a medium. Very smooth and a free flow of ink. Good signature pen.

Not bad for $109 USD.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

BayesianPrior (August 19th, 2021), CoffeeForTheAdmiral (November 29th, 2021), Yazeh (August 19th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Levenger True Writer Anniversary Edition

I have the "Silver Anniversary" version, released during Levenger's 25th anniversary in 2012, though I bought it in March 2013. Underneath it may be the same pen. The finish is a bit different. My scale tells me it weighs 30 grams.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin_Ute For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (November 26th, 2022)