Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Vintage Pens today - An Observation

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

Default Re: Vintage Pens today - An Observation

I happened to read post 198 wondering it might be another personal attack reply to "An old bloke."

Instead I found it's yet another load of disparaging rubbish about me personally. Nothing new there then. However, for everyone else here I can confirm that my source of the comment I made when leaving negative reputation for this troublemaker is quite impeccable as it was from Deb herself. I am able to confirm no dishonesty on my part there.

I'm also able to confirm that when I joined my first Zoom meeting with The Lone Star Pen Club I knew in advance this individual would be there because I had already been advised that he had been joining in their meetings. If he thinks there was a look of fear on my face then he can't read faces at all. I was actually completely shocked when I saw what he looked like as he looked quite normal and not at all like my perceived persona of the huge troublemaker that I knew from his presence here. No fear. When introduced to him I merely said hello like a normal person would.

It's such a shame that he feels the need to suddenly start behaving like this again when he has been posting quite normally for a while. All of the new members who didn't know what he was really like certainly know now.
    Last edited by Chrissy; May 12th, 2022 at 01:17 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

AzJon (April 26th, 2022)

Thanks

True ..People pretends to know they can read others minds but they don't believe some others could do "remote viewing' to read many minds with out looking at any faces. They can use the expressive language they use in that case!

Thanks

It is not only pens going up in prices realized on ebay. Electric trains have doubled or better recently. I know, because I have sole some of mine at two to three times what I paid for them in the 2000 to 2010 time frame. The pens I have sole also went for more than I paid for them, but not as much as the electric trains. Inflation has forced prices up, and scarcity of some items has also. I am thinking I should sell what I can before all the buyers lose interest in vintage. I am losing interest myself to some extent. I am retired and don't write much any more. I am losing interest in resacking pens. When I use them it is usually to sketch now.

Thanks

Collectibles in general have spiked during the last two years. I believe that this had a lot to do with people getting government checks and not having restaurants, sporting events, or vacations to spend money on. So, quarantined at home, they took to ebay and raised the asking prices of all the things that interested them. I've heard mention of price increases from card collectors, vintage video game collectors, action figure collectors, and have seen it in vintage pens. It is quite possible that prices will deflate a bit in these collector's markets as life returns to normal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azzgunther For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (May 2nd, 2022)

Thanks

Vintage pen prices had been rising quite steeply before Covid happened along.