Thread: Kaco Master 14k Fountain Pen- Best Chinese Pen Ever with a great Soft Springy Gold Ni

Thanks

Default Kaco Master 14k Fountain Pen- Best Chinese Pen Ever with a great Soft Springy Gold Ni

This is a review of “Kaco Master”. It’s the best Chinese Fountain pen I have come across till now.Kaco is a young company which makes some great products. Kaco since its inception in 2011 have launched many pens & accessories . This “Kaco Master” is among their most premium offerings .This has German Made Gold Nib , it doesn’t feel like it’s made by Jowo or Bock. It feels a bit different from those both. I think they are made by special order or made by some other company !

Pros-

– Great 14k Gold Nib

– Well Tuned Out Of The Box

– Soft & Springy Nib

– Minimalistic Design

– Top Notch Construction

– Great Price

– Great Packing & Presentation

– Hourglass Shaped Section

– Have Premium Look

– Suitable For Long Writing Sessions

Cons-

– Only comes in one colour i.e. Black for gold nib. Although the steel nib version comes in many colors.

– Don’t post securely.

– I can’t expect anything more at this price !!!

Packing- Great , The pen comes with a great grey metallic case, which comes in a black box over which “Kaco” is engraved. The metallic oval case has a foam insert in it where the pen can rest. This foam ensures that the pen doesn’t get scratched with the sides of the metal case.

Specifications-

– Nib Size -Fine Nib 0.5mm

– Filling Mechanism: standard cartridges and converter

– Capped Pen length: 154mm

– Section Length: 25mm

– Section Diameter: 12.5 mm

– Uncapped Pen Length : 133mm

– Diameter: 16.5 mm

– Pen weight: 27.5g

Appearance & Design- Good , The pen has a classic design. It’s made of great quality black resin which has been highly polished. The clip is of gold color & fit into a clip-shaped recess in the cap & almost aligns with the cap of the pen .The clip is strong & is very functional. It is unique & looks good in my pocket. The clip has a small logo of “Kaco” over it .The pen size is around 133 mm uncapped & 154 mm capped. It doesn’t cap securely.This pen is made in very nice black resin, it is super shiny & feels premium in hand . I wish they had other colors too.

It has an hourglass-shaped section & a number #6 14k nib in Fine with “Kaco” logo engraved over. It has a plastic feed. The section is long & threads of the cap are precise. This nib looks good & is similar to JOWO nib but it’s not JOWO. The nib suits the pen size & looks good. This pen is very comfortable for long writing sessions too.

Construction- Very Well Made , The construction of this pen is top notch.The pen has been polished well & has been given a mirror like finish on both clip as well as body. It looks pleasing to the eyes , but as a result it attracts dust & micro scratches may be noticeable. The pen is elegant & is a perfect minimalistic office pen.

Filling System-This is a simple C/C pen. The converter is interchangeable with a Schmidt K5 converter. It has metal reinforcements in the mouth & it is perfectly functional. You can use standard international cartridges too

Nib Performance- Amazing, Kaco Master has #6 nib which is very springy and relatively soft.It is surely better than JOWO/BOCK nibs. This nib has a slight forward curve which makes a different writing angle which is different from others, I think it’s some unique Chinese grind. This is very smooth & gives a distinctive feel while writing. The nib is similar to European Fine Nibs.On the box, it’s written the nib is made in Germany but nib doesn’t look like common nibs i.e. JOWO or BOCK .

Conclusion-True Master , This is the best Chinese pen I have ever used & one of the best pens available at this price. I bought it for around $120. The pen is very well made & has a great 14 k gold nib. It has a minimalistic look,which is amazing. The glossy black color looks good but I feel there should be more color options in this pen. I really can’t expect anything more at this price. It is true value for money given the quality, ergonomics and writing experience. It’s a masterpiece about which most people don’t know about !

[Images](http://imgur.com/gallery/C0VZ0Ru)

[Full Review](https://inkpenlover.wordpress.com/20.../?preview=true)

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Inkpenlover; September 8th, 2021 at 08:54 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inkpenlover For This Useful Post:

elaineb (September 8th, 2021), Lloyd (September 8th, 2021), TFarnon (October 15th, 2021), Yazeh (August 13th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: Kaco Master 14k Fountain Pen- Best Chinese Pen Ever with a great Soft Springy Gol

Oh wow!! I had no idea Kaco made pens with gold nibs! My curiosity is piqued! Thanks for the review

Thanks

Default Re: Kaco Master 14k Fountain Pen- Best Chinese Pen Ever with a great Soft Springy Gol

Can you please post a writing sample?

Thanks

Kaco pen looks nice. Where you can buy them?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Motomachi10 For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (August 13th, 2022)