Thread: Sparky Armstrong?

Thanks

Question Sparky Armstrong?

Some folks didn't like that I called him "Sparky," but Matt Armstrong was a great shooting star of the pen universe. I'm curious to know how he's faring.

I don't see anything current from him on any social media platform I know about. His last Twitter post was from last March and referenced Covid.

He's a wonderful person, and I hope he's well and happy and prosperous.

Thanks

Default Re: Sparky Armstrong?

Hi Bill,

I saw this thread at the other place https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/f...omment-4449384

Thanks

Interesting. I don't go to the other place.

Thanks

He is not into his PEN HABIT. In his very last departure from his last blog shows he is talking about freedom and he wants to stop that routing of life . I followed his blog regularly and I really liked his work.
    By what I guess seen from his few activities regarding pens he is continuing with passion. I had seen him appeared several time on other pen related discussions and interviews several time. And again on two Pen Shows in NY. I wish he continued his PEN HABITS and made more contents relating to pens and ink.
    I really like his work . I love one of his most hatred pens.... PILOT NAMIKI FALKAN PENS I HAVE TWO OF THEM.
    Last edited by Cyril; September 28th, 2021 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

These are my observations: I followed Matt's work from fairly early on, in a casual way. I also followed his personal Instagram feed, and it was pretty clear that it was a case of burnout and wanting a change in his life. He has, at least for part of the time, gotten more deeply involved in another passion of his, which is music, both on performing and writing. And while he only spoke about it once or twice over the time of Pen Habit, like many other online people he saw his share of the ugly side of social media, including the kind of comments we'd never like to see, and I get the feeling that he had just had enough. Completely understandable.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

While I appreciate the responses attempting to be helpful, my concern is with his current situation. I know, as well or better than most, about his journey through the social media side of the pen world.

I've been able to contact someone who is now in regular contact with Matt. She reports he is doing fine -- working his job from home, continuing his voice work and other enterprises, enjoying his pens privately. Sadly, a couple of years ago, Luke the dog passed away. He now has a dog named Nigel to keep his company. Comforting for me to know he is well.

Thanks.