Thread: FS: Islander Field Watch (Automatic, Hand Winds, Hacks, Sapphire Crystal, 100m WR)

Thanks

Default FS: Islander Field Watch (Automatic, Hand Winds, Hacks, Sapphire Crystal, 100m WR)

For sale is an Islander Field wristwatch. It was briefly worn only a couple of times and has no real wear except for a micro scratch on the back of one of lugs.

Islander watches are the house brand of the online retailer, longislandwatch.com. This watch features a 39mm case with a white dial. It is 12mm thick. 48.5mm lug to lug. The watch has an automatic movement (NH36A, 24 jewels) that also can be hand wound and features about a 41 hour power reserve when fully wound. In my use of the watch, it kept accurate time and well within the stated specifications for this mechanism. It lost only about 2 or 3 seconds a day. The seconds hand hacks, making it easy to set the exact time. A date complication is at 3:00 on the dial. The signed (with the Islander logo) crown screws down. The watch has a 100m water resistance rating. The sapphire crystal is also anti-reflective. The screw-down exhibition caseback allows you to see the watch's mechanism. The hour and minute hands are filled with Super Luminova as are the 5-minute markers around the dial and the tip of the seconds hand.

The khaki colored nylon strap has a leather backing and quick release springs bars. It is essentially unused as it was too small for me. I think it will only fit writs up to 7 1/2 inches. It can, of course, be easily and cheaply replaced.
    Last edited by Zhivago; November 1st, 2021 at 11:41 AM.