Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB pollution

Thanks

Default Re: WTB pollution

Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    Hmm… discolored clips and nibs? That could be a bad sign.

I’d be worried about celluloid rot. Certain OMAS celluloids are known to disintegrate more quickly than the typical celluloid. The purple and the harlequin are known rotters. Black is usually the safest.

The first thing i’d do would be some triage. I’d isolate any of those OMAS or ASC with anything weird going on because the products of celluloid disintegration can accelerate the process in a neighboring pen.
    Everything is isolated in the leather sleeve they came in. Its not Rot its just very slight discoloration. Everything is solid and functional. Im not selling anyway. It looks like it just needs a microfiber to go over it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JVDO View Post
    You put yourself on the no go list. Withdrawing all sales.
    NOOOOOOO. Their is one small dot on the mid clip of my saffron. The base of the nib has very mild discoloration. These pens are not disintegrating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stands on Feet View Post
    JVDO,
    The standard way to prove that you really have the pens you claim you do is to take a picture of the pen lying on a sheet of paper with today's date on it. That makes it fairly hard to re-use photos gleaned from eBay or somewhere.

Taking offense when criticized is often a sign that the criticism is accurate.
    We are all adults correct? Last time I checked i never contacted you for anything.

Thanks

Wow, one day and done. I have never experienced this type of abuse before. A forum that convinced me its better to walk away. all in less than 24hrs. Im done you all are seriously paranoid and have lost a major opportunity to fill some bucket lists. Thanks for being welcoming and friendly. good bye

Thanks

Well, that was .........................interesting.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stands on Feet For This Useful Post:

PenInvestigations (October 25th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (October 13th, 2021), TSherbs (October 12th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 395 Posts

Whew. Glad that's over!

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....
    Please contact us by email, and not PM for repair inquiries.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Z For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (October 13th, 2021), Jon Szanto (October 12th, 2021), TSherbs (October 12th, 2021)

Thanks

Seems offering helpful advice is considered reason enough to ban you from buying any of his pens that you weren't trying to buy and were withdrawn from sale earlier in this clusterfuck of a thread.
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silverlifter For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (October 13th, 2021), Stands on Feet (October 13th, 2021), TSherbs (October 12th, 2021)

Thanks

FPGEEK: umm…

PEN NAZI: That’s it! Out! No pens for you!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

elaineb (October 12th, 2021), silverlifter (October 12th, 2021), Stands on Feet (October 13th, 2021), TSherbs (October 12th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Not everyone answering a WTB is a crook, and not everyone grasps the nuances of internet selling etiquette straight off the bat. (The whole pen-lying-on-a-piece-of-paper thing is news to me, and frankly seems not hard to Photoshop, but well, I s'pose I've learnt something). I think there have been some hasty assumptions made, misunderstandings abounding, and perhaps everyone just needs to take a breath and start again.

C'mon, folks, we're in danger of letting the bad guys win and turn us all against each other through simple paranoia here. Use your head, don't use Paypal friends and family or direct transfers, and if it seems too good to be true, assume it is and politely walk away. But don't, please, assume everyone's out to get you. That's a short road to a lonely life.
    Fair enough. But it doesn't seem, even in retrospect, that nothing else was going on here. Odd reactions, too puzzling for me. Things for sale, things not for sale, "I just want to chat" (this means the sale offers were insincere), then anger and spite and, ultimately, not a single pic with a date on it (whether it is from a newspaper or not). And Fred said things were worked out... And then they weren't....

Not reassuring for buyers, which was my point of entry.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

guyy (October 12th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (October 13th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

FPGEEK: umm…

PEN NAZI: That’s it! Out! No pens for you!
    GUFFAW

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

guyy (October 12th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Not everyone answering a WTB is a crook, and not everyone grasps the nuances of internet selling etiquette straight off the bat. (The whole pen-lying-on-a-piece-of-paper thing is news to me, and frankly seems not hard to Photoshop, but well, I s'pose I've learnt something). I think there have been some hasty assumptions made, misunderstandings abounding, and perhaps everyone just needs to take a breath and start again.

C'mon, folks, we're in danger of letting the bad guys win and turn us all against each other through simple paranoia here. Use your head, don't use Paypal friends and family or direct transfers, and if it seems too good to be true, assume it is and politely walk away. But don't, please, assume everyone's out to get you. That's a short road to a lonely life.
    Fair enough. But it doesn't seem, even in retrospect, that nothing else was going on here. Odd reactions, too puzzling for me. Things for sale, things not for sale, "I just want to chat" (this means the sale offers were insincere), then anger and spite and, ultimately, not a single pic with a date on it (whether it is from a newspaper or not). And Fred said things were worked out... And then they weren't....

Indeed. The extreme defensiveness suggests something else was going on. I would never have bought from that guy.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

Fermata (October 12th, 2021), TSherbs (October 13th, 2021)

Thanks

He has had his quota of forum inches.

I suggested that he calmed down, he ignored that and pulled the pin.

Buying and selling is a personal transaction based on trust.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fermata For This Useful Post:

guyy (October 12th, 2021), TSherbs (October 13th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post

Indeed. The extreme defensiveness suggests something else was going on. I would never have bought from that guy.
    Well, things certainly developed after I posted and I'm not advocating dealing with this particular chap. But if we publicly jump down every new member's throat who does something a bit odd with the assumption that they're a scammer, even less volatile people are likely to react pretty negatively. That was the burden of my song.
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grainweevil For This Useful Post:

eachan (October 13th, 2021), Jon Szanto (October 13th, 2021), soretailedcat (October 13th, 2021), TSherbs (October 13th, 2021)