Thread: Good Morning. New to FPG

Thanks

Default Good Morning. New to FPG

Good morning,
    Im new to the forum but not to FP. I recently stumbled across this site when I purchased a large collection of pens from a friend. My intention was to sell most. I already have a bad habit that started with Pam Braun in the 90's. My personal collection is full of writers (Sailor, Visconti, a few gifted MB, Parker etc). I purchased a collection 3- Conway stewarts, 12 Aurora's, 17 Omas (including the coveted Arcos in brown AND green), 7 Parker (matching citrine set RB/FP), 3 Visconti, MD-Dumas (correct sig) 3 pen set, MB Poe 3 pen set, 2 wahl eversharp including decoband saffron blue superflex NIB, 5 Pelikan (600, 805,800, 800, M101n brown tortoise). This is just a partial list. There are over 80 pens and many limited editions. I am likely going to sell most of them. I live in Michigan but frequent my daughter whom lives in NYC. I look forward to an education on these pens and also, hopefully, sending some out. My wife was less then pleased with this purchase. Some times forgiveness is better to request than permission! But most of you probably already knew that.
    JV

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: Good Morning. New to FPG

You've made a mistake in your approach to selling and garnering the trust of fountain pen hobbyists. Your replies in the WTB subforum raise suspicion, especially in the context of recent rip-offs arising from similar replies. If you were sincere, you'll need to repair the damage with verifiable proof of your intentions and of the existence of your inventory that will be satisfactory to purchasers.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

eachan (October 12th, 2021), PenInvestigations (October 25th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (October 12th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    You've made a mistake in your approach to selling and garnering the trust of fountain pen hobbyists. Your replies in the WTB subforum raise suspicion, especially in the context of recent rip-offs arising from similar replies. If you were sincere, you'll need to repair the damage with verifiable proof of your intentions and of the existence of your inventory that will be satisfactory to purchasers.
    I am open to suggestions. I am honest and truly not a scammer. I know, you've heard it before. I am not trying to rip any one off. I purchased this collection for thousands of dollars. What would you suggest I do to "repair the damage". Perhaps I can post a few pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

I am at work currently but will be willing to post any picture of any pen I have and will make a fair deal for both of us. Also, to add credibility, my first FP was purchased in southfield michigan from Oscar Braun pens (from Pam) who had the best prices anywhere. I have no idea how to offload these pens other than to jump in. Other businesses require high commissions(which is fair since they do all the work) and I wanted to try this before you all see the back room fill up with relatively rare pens. Regarding forum etiquette, pardon my ignorance, I'm from the midwest and trusting by nature and look to restore that trust with FPG. I have several other photos to post latter.omas.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JVDO View Post
    I am open to suggestions. I am honest and truly not a scammer. I know, you've heard it before. I am not trying to rip any one off. I purchased this collection for thousands of dollars. What would you suggest I do to "repair the damage". Perhaps I can post a few pictures
    I sent my suggestions via PM. Welcome to FPGeeks. Ask your buyers to share their impression of the transactions, and that'll go a long way.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 427 Posts

Welcome to fpgeeks JVDO! I remember Pam from long long ago! She always had great prices and if she didn't have what you wanted, she could source it from somewhere. If you had a problem, she would make it right. I do miss those days.

BTW, lovely pens you have.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (October 14th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Welcome to fpgeeks JVDO! I remember Pam from long long ago! She always had great prices and if she didn't have what you wanted, she could source it from somewhere. If you had a problem, she would make it right. I do miss those days.

BTW, lovely pens you have.
    Thanks! I drove by her place a few years back. All gone! She was very special and so kind. Never ws able to buy the delta dolce vita oversize I always wanted (education expenses) but i tracked one down two years ago. Thanks your reaching out and for being Kind. Are you still in Michigan? Doing the Detroit Pen show?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Welcome! Pam Braun sold me my very first Pelikan M400--lovely to deal with and indeed, very fair prices. Good memories.
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Thanks

JVDO has left us already.

Thanks

Awesome pens, and welcome! I'm new here too.