Thread: FS: Platinum Izumo Urushi Dark Green 18K Architect's Point by John Mottishaw

Thanks

Default FS: Platinum Izumo Urushi Dark Green 18K Architect's Point by John Mottishaw

Super cool Platinum Izumo 18K two tone size C (Extra Broad) nib unit made into architect's point by John Mottishaw. This pen is made even more special by the announcement of John Mottishaw's retirement. John set this pen up as follows: "Regrind, re-polish and adjust to Architect's point with a narrower down stroke and broad cross stroke. This tip is particularly suited for Japanese Kanji script, Chinese calligraphy and for "Frank Lloyd Wright style" of printing. This will be set up to write as smoothly as possible and a medium to heavy ink flow." It's a really cool pen, great weight and feel, super finish. $700 with shipping.

(Also this is my second for sale post here so if I did it wrong, I'm open to critique! Going to sell most of my collection, so feel free to weigh in or enquire.)

Appologies for my photography skills. Here are a few photos as well as a family portrait that is dated!Attachment 64103Attachment 64104IMG_4378.jpgIMG_4384.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: FS: Platinum Izumo Urushi Dark Green 18K Architect's Point by John Mottishaw

You definitely sound busy, with the move and all, but this pen and the Romillo absolutely scream out for writing samples. Your descriptions are eloquent, but these custom nibs need to show what they can do visually. If you can, that is.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Default Re: FS: Platinum Izumo Urushi Dark Green 18K Architect's Point by John Mottishaw

Great idea Jon... I fear my penmanship leaves something to be desired... but anything in particular I should write?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bwc1983 View Post
    Great idea Jon... I fear my penmanship leaves something to be desired... but anything, in particular, I should write?
    There is no universe known where my handwriting is exemplary, so you aren't alone. All I would say is to write, draw lines, make squiggles... whatever you wish, but for each of those pens, show what is unique about the nib. I find flex to be especially difficult (personally) to illustrate, partly from being left-handed, but there is nothing that should stop you from drawing some lines and hatchmarks to show the difference between horizontal and vertical strokes with that architect grind. Bonus points if you write on Rhodia grid (or similar) to give an idea of size/dimension. Believe me: people love to see how pens write, especially when they are considering spending a non-small sum for one.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

IMG_4390.heic.jpgHere you go... Missed the graph paper...This is a Pinetti journal...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bwc1983 For This Useful Post:

da vinci (October 15th, 2021), Jon Szanto (October 15th, 2021)

Thanks

Yep, that's the ticket - perfect. I'm just waiting to hear about that dark Aurora...

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk