Thread: Want to buy - MONTBLANC MEISTERSTUCk (WTB)

Thanks

Default Want to buy - MONTBLANC MEISTERSTUCk (WTB)

Hello. Found this forum on google and I hope it would be helpful. I’m on the hunt for a Meisterstück Rose Gold-Coated Classique FP. Just in case anyone has any. found one off eBay, but price is out of my budget. Looking to spend up to $600. Thanks. Zip 98093.

Sigle-E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Want to buy - MONTBLANC MEISTERSTUCk (WTB)

Seeing you're new here: some advice. There are scammers targetting WTB: don't buy from anyone that doesn't have a history here, or that wants to use anything other than Paypal Goods & Services, or some equivalent method where you are protected.

It's sad, but it has been happening. Good luck in your hunt for your MB!
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to silverlifter For This Useful Post:

724Seney (October 16th, 2021), guyy (October 16th, 2021), sigle_ (October 16th, 2021), TSherbs (October 17th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    Seeing you're new here: some advice. There are scammers targetting WTB: don't buy from anyone that doesn't have a history here, or that wants to use anything other than Paypal Goods & Services, or some equivalent method where you are protected.

Oh wow. Thanks for the heads up I’ll be more careful.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sigle_ For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (October 17th, 2021)

Thanks

Bravo!
    Well done @silverlifter
    IMO, all who post a "WTB" message should automatically get your message until we get this mess cleaned up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (October 17th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Specifically if someone sends you a PM saying they have one available and gives you an email address to contact then click on their ID name then View their Forum Posts and check that they have a number of posts on here that is significantly more than zero. If they have zero posts then press the report button (!) on their PM and report them to the admin. And whatever you do don't send them an email as that gives them your email address.
    Last edited by Chrissy; October 17th, 2021 at 12:29 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

sigle_ (October 18th, 2021), TSherbs (October 17th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

All wise advice

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

Okay guys. I guess the scammers saw your posts and didn’t bother texting me. Lol. I really appreciate everyone reaching out.

Thanks

But I eventually got it off eBay. Thanks again everyone for reaching out to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sigle_ View Post
    But I eventually got it off eBay. Thanks again everyone for reaching out to me.

Please don't forget to change this thread to sold by following these instructions if you don't know how to do it.

(Then people will know to not come to it when they have one available)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Chrissy;339993][QUOTE=silverlifter;339928]Seeing you're new here: some advice. There are scammers targetting WTB: don't buy from anyone that doesn't have a history here, or that wants to use anything other than Paypal Goods & Services, or some equivalent method where you are protected.

Specifically if someone sends you a PM saying they have one available and gives you an email address to contact then click on their ID name then View their Forum Posts and check that they have a number of posts on here that is significantly more than zero. If they have zero posts then press the report button (!) on their PM and report them to the admin. And whatever you do don't send them an email as that gives them your email address.
    Well, you just described me, exactly. On another (the other?) forum, I--as a post count zero noob--responded to a WTB request with a PM that included my email and a picture of several pens I'd like to get rid of. He simply replied that he was looking for something else. No harm, no foul, no small animals burst into flame, and nobody went to jail (at least not yet).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to andyturk For This Useful Post:

sigle_ (October 22nd, 2021)

Thanks

[QUOTE=andyturk;340308][QUOTE=Chrissy;339993]

Well, you just described me, exactly. On another (the other?) forum, I--as a post count zero noob--responded to a WTB request with a PM that included my email and a picture of several pens I'd like to get rid of. He simply replied that he was looking for something else. No harm, no foul, no small animals burst into flame, and nobody went to jail (at least not yet).
    [QUOTE=andyturk;340308][QUOTE=Chrissy;339993]

In my opinion, every member of this group at one point or the other was a newbie. I guess the scammers on the platform ruined every form of trust one could have for as a buyer or as a seller. But sensitizing new comers would go a long way. Thanks guys. Looking forward to more from this forum.

Thanks

Something went wrong there

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sigle_ View Post
    ...I guess the scammers on the platform ruined every form of trust one could have for as a buyer or as a seller....
    Every form of trust? Give us a break! You need not resort to exaggeration just to pound home your point. People who've started threads in the WTB forum have been targeted more often lately, and some scammers have had success turning geeks into victims. Based on what's been happening, we are more cautious now. It may not be convenient, but consider our reticence a good thing.