Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage pens & vintage razors

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Default Re: Vintage pens & vintage razors

Jar- I'm quite aware of your large shaving arsenal from your posts on FPN. That's why I asked. I was wondering what would make a guy with that collection/accumulation switch fully to an electric... and not one of the big 3 brands (Braun, Panasonic, Norelco/Phillips). I didn't know you were out of commission. Are you doing OK now?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Jar- I'm quite aware of your large shaving arsenal from your posts on FPN. That's why I asked. I was wondering what would make a guy with that collection/accumulation switch fully to an electric... and not one of the big 3 brands (Braun, Panasonic, Norelco/Phillips). I didn't know you were out of commission. Are you doing OK now?

I'm doing fine considering I'm older than dirt. Growing old is a bitch. Had a shoe come off while getting off my bike not too long ago and took a tumble onto the grass. It took over a week to recover from something silly like that when it seems just yesterday it would have been forgotten in minutes.

I've used all of the brands you've mentioned and most likely have some of those around here as well, BUT honestly the Andis is far and away superior when it comes to simple daily shaving. It cannot trim or deal with longer hair but when it comes to the daily stubble it is hands down faster and better.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

I'm doing fine considering I'm older than dirt. Growing old is a bitch. Had a shoe come off while getting off my bike not too long ago and took a tumble onto the grass. It took over a week to recover from something silly like that when it seems just yesterday it would have been forgotten in minutes.

I've used all of the brands you've mentioned and most likely have some of those around here as well, BUT honestly the Andis is far and away superior when it comes to simple daily shaving. It cannot trim or deal with longer hair but when it comes to the daily stubble it is hands down faster and better.
    I'm glad you're doing better.

M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!