Hey everyone!
I wanted to post a review of one of my absolute favorite pens. As I say in my full post on my blog, I own three of these pens! (Though I only use two). For some of y'all, I bet duplicates are not really all that unusual, but I really shy away from having more of the same pen.

These pens do somewhat resemble the Lamy 2000; they are even in the special, limited-edition blue and brown. However, the clip is so distinctive (and frankly hideous) that I don't think they'd fool anyone. They're not just knock-off clones. The pen body and cap are made of Makrolon, while the grip is made of brushed aluminum. Unlike the Lamy 2000, the grip color is not different from the body color; only the difference in material contributes to a slightly different hue.

I've never really been tempted to get a Lamy 2000 because I don't want a hooded nib. I know that the hooded nib helps with it not drying out, but really -- what's the point of a fountain pen if you don't get to see and show off the nib? I also am a far bigger fan of converters than internal filling systems. They're just more convenient. Especially since I change colors constantly.

In that sense, the Kaco Edge design actually eschews some of the most defining characteristics of the Lamy 2000. The pens come with a stock Schmidt nib. I bought replacement nibs in advance (more on that later), but the nibs are really such good writers that it's unnecessary. In some senses, they don't have a lot of personality. No softness, no line variation. But also no sweet spots. No tuning needed at all. These nibs deliver. Except for some hard starting... The EF nib in particular is really good, and it's become my planner pen.

These pens are so light and comfortable, and I adore the grip. For pics and more reflections on the nib: https://www.peninvestigations.com/home/kaco-edge