Thread: Ink Review: Pilot Iroshizuku kiri-same (Autumn Shower)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,473 Times in 4,007 Posts

Default Ink Review: Pilot Iroshizuku kiri-same (Autumn Shower)

Today I’m reviewing Pilot Iroshizuku kiri-same ink.

“The name "iroshizuku" is a combination of the Japanese words "iro" (colouring) expressing high standards and variation of colours, and "shizuku" (droplet), which embodies the very image of dripping water. Each ink name derives from the expressions of beautiful Japanese natural landscapes and plants, all of which contribute to the depth of each individual hue. Enjoy Japan's rich and subtle colour aesthetic as you write. Pilot has always manufactured its own inks, which are renowned throughout the world.”

Kiri-same translates from Japanese to Autumn Shower and it is the slightly warmer grey of a rainy shower. It is a light grey ink that almost looks like it has a pinky/beige tinge in some light.

It didn’t suffer from any hard starts or non-starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance. It started up straight away with no problem even after the pen had been filled for 3 weeks. It always behaved very well.

It dried within 15 seconds on my Clairefontaine Triomphe paper and didn’t smear after it was dry.

Available in attractive Pilot Iroshizuku 50ml or 15ml glass bottles from many outlets worldwide. Thanks to The Writing Desk for my sample.

• Flow Rate: Very good - quite wet.
    • Lubrication: Very smooth - nicely lubricated.
    • Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
    • Start-up: Immediate.
    • Saturation: Not saturated
    • Shading Potential: Some shading seen.
    • Bleed-Through: None seen on papers I used.
    • Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: None seen.
    • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after many days in the pen.
    • Staining (pen): Not seen after several days - easy clean-up.
    • Staining (hands): Washed off of my hands easily.
    • Clogging: Not seen.
    • Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof but shows excellent water resistance.

PI kiri same.jpg
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

damfino (November 9th, 2021), elaineb (October 26th, 2021), junglejim (October 26th, 2021), Lloyd (October 26th, 2021), penwash (October 27th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (October 26th, 2021), thi (October 29th, 2021), TSherbs (October 26th, 2021), Yazeh (October 27th, 2021)