Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened: Dr. Jay Bhattacharya on 19 Months of COVID

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

Default Re: What Happened: Dr. Jay Bhattacharya on 19 Months of COVID

No offense, but your a lazy poster. Very little energy and effort. More troll like. I’ve read your posts on other forums. Same there as well .
    If one reads that sentence with the affectations of speech that Trump exhibits, it's an interesting and quite humorous parallel. "Yuuuuuge" even.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    If you knew anything or was sober in February 2020, you would know how relevant it is.

No offense, but your a lazy poster. Very little energy and effort. More troll like. I’ve read your posts on other forums. Same there as well .
    Chuck, do you remember the topic?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    If you knew anything or was sober in February 2020, you would know how relevant it is.

Chuck, do you remember the topic?
    Do you remember February 2020?

Thanks

Darrell Neal, have you ever made a post that was not a defense of you decisions? I don’t even waste my time. When’s the last time you had an original idea?

Thanks

Chuck, perhaps you could stop wasting your time in this thread? Many would be appreciative, I'm sure.

Thanks

February 2020: Fauci says no need to change lifestyle
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...onavirus.html#!
    Fauci says masks ineffective
    https://summit.news/2021/06/02/in-fe...ing-out-virus/
    Fauci says: ""If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you," he said. "People start saying, 'Should I start wearing a mask?' Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask." (emphasis added)
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/4787209002/
    Fauci said the mortality rate may be "considerably less than 1%" and "clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza."
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

February 2020: yes, I remember it well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

One mark of intelligence and common sense is the willingness to change one's opinions (and advice) according to a changing set of circumstances.

Or, as Emerson put it: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. . ."

Here are a couple current graphs (real deaths, real consequences) from the NY Times:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (November 2nd, 2021), welch (November 2nd, 2021)

Thanks

I'm not sure what the vaccinated case rate has to do with the thread, but thanks for getting the Emerson quote correct.

Thanks

Masks and physical distance are all we had. Are masks effective. Sure they are. Why would respirators and N95 masks be sold at Home Depot? PPE are medical standards. Are they effective by themselves, no. As with life, it is the combination of consistency and combinations that lead to health and success. It is amazing I have to point this out to two people here. They’d rather dismiss Fauci than get a vaccine, wear a facial barrier, and keep a safe distance. But, as soon as they get sick, they had better have an ICU bed ready and waiting. To hell with the children they may infect with their reckless behaviors.

Thanks

Can we just love/respect our neighbor who may think this pandemic response was overkill (regardless if they are right or not)? Can we respect people’s freedom to not get the vaccine? Can we listen to someone’s opinions instead of rushing to response?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Can we just love/respect our neighbor who may think this pandemic response was overkill (regardless if they are right or not)? Can we respect people’s freedom to not get the vaccine? Can we listen to someone’s opinions instead of rushing to response?
    In today's divisive and tribal society, where zealots of all stripes shout their truths at the non-believers? Probably not.

The easy confidence with which I know another man's [belief] is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain, paraphrased.

Thanks

That is an option. Not an evidenced based one, but certainly an option.

Freedom is an Interesting concept. Do I give you the freedom to ruin my family’s wellness? Do I say I have the freedom to live as I please while expecting others to come to the rescue? That’s not an intelligent or respectful way to love.

If you think Jesus’ teaching applicable, love your neighbor as you love yourself. Darrell once got mad as hell when I suggested he shouldn’t demand an ICU after exercising his freedom to avoid the cure. Was he loving? Was he respectful.

If I purchase another human being, is my freedom more important than the slaves freedom.

I can tell you haven’t given this much thought.

Thanks

I realize some read books here. Ask yourself if Trump was loving and kind dealing with the “p” word.

The fact is, few read. It’s easier to listen. The idea that the loving thing to do during a pandemic is to just let people do what they want is insane. Better is to tell the truth, protect, and restrict if necessary. I mean, you can’t save some from themselves. Not that you necessarily want to, but if it means others are better off, so be it.

Thanks

Look up “trial by combat” and who said it on January 6. How’s that for loving?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Bolded part - the answer, from the perspective of society, is no if it can be shown that unvaccinated people put others at unnecessary and avoidable risk of serious illness or death.

Frankly speaking, it astounds me that people take a stand on vaccinations when there are so many other restrictions that they accept without question. I don't know quite what to make of the age we live in.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

corgicoupe (November 8th, 2021), TSherbs (November 2nd, 2021)

Thanks

I can tell you haven’t given this much thought.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

Thanks

I just think freedom is more valuable and life prompting for my neighbor and I in the long run.

The vaccine is significantly protective for those of us who chose so we won’t be effected by our neighbors decisions. I think we can live in harmony.

If only there was a vaccine for fear…

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Essentially, not taking the vaccine as a member of a society is a selfish act, taking the vaccine is an act of social solidarity. [based on being able to have the vaccine, exceptions expected]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

I just think freedom is more valuable and life prompting for my neighbor and I in the long run.

The vaccine is significantly protective for those of us who chose so we won’t be effected by our neighbors decisions. I think we can live in harmony.

If only there was a vaccine for fear…
    "Fear" isn't what killed 700,000 Americans and reduced life expectancy by 1.5 years over just 12 months.

"Freedom" is not more "life prompting" (whatever that means) for the dead.

Thanks

Life promoting.