Thread: Sailor King of Pen Ebonite Silver with large (M) 21K Gold Nib with Rhodium Plating

Thanks

Default New Sailor King of Pen Ebonite Silver with M 21K Gold Nib with Rhodium Plating

I am selling a brand new, never inked Sailor KOP in ebonite with silver trim. All original packaging.
    No blemishes, no scratches, it is in pristine condition. The Sailor converter in silver is included.
    Asking $975.

Continental US shipping, $30. If you want the package insured, I think that would be an additional $10-$20. I’ll confirm the shipping total before sending it.

Sailor model number is 11-9704.
    Last edited by UltraExtraFineIrishman; November 2nd, 2021 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Sailor King of Pen Ebonite Silver with large (M) 21K Gold Nib with Rhodium Platin

Is the section where you grip the pen resin or is it ebonite?

Thanks

Default Re: Sailor King of Pen Ebonite Silver with large (M) 21K Gold Nib with Rhodium Platin

I looked at it outside in the daylight and there is no discernible difference in the material that holds the nib. On the Sailor website, it says that the gold trimmed version is PMMA resin, but it does not say the same for the silver trimmed version that this one is. See that detail here. https://en.sailor.co.jp/topics/king-of-pens/

Thanks

I think this answers your question. The nib holder is resin according to this video on the Anderson Pen website. https://blog.andersonpens.com/sailor...e-king-of-pen/

Thanks

The section is resin for sure. It is interchangeable with other KOP models.

Thanks

The housing is resin but the grip section is ebonite. I just bought the gold version from Pen Sachi and they confirmed that for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmahabir View Post
    The housing is resin but the grip section is ebonite. I just bought the gold version from Pen Sachi and they confirmed that for me.
    Do you have the pen to confirm for yourself?

I have a lot of KOP and they are all resin sections on the part you touch. The exceptions are some limited editions and the urushi versions. But I have not bought a regular production ebonite model in a few years so it is not impossible it changed. I mean the ad even says the nib holder is resin. I doubt they would bother to specific the collar for the feed in that way.

Happy to be corrected an learn something new.

Thanks

Regardless, the pens are awesome and I recommend them. I prefer the ebonite to the plain resin models.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zaddick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahabir View Post
    Do you have the pen to confirm for yourself?

I have a lot of KOP and they are all resin sections on the part you touch. The exceptions are some limited editions and the urushi versions. But I have not bought a regular production ebonite model in a few years so it is not impossible it changed. I mean the ad even says the nib holder is resin. I doubt they would bother to specific the collar for the feed in that way.

Happy to be corrected an learn something new.
    Don't have in hand to confirm yet as I just bought and have not received my shipping notice. They sent me pictures and ensured the grip section was ebonite and noted the housing that holds the nib is resin. Since this was a major point of contention in purchasing I made sure to check, so with certainty with the model I bought from Pen Sachi in 2021, those have an ebonite grip section. Can't speak for any other versions.

Thanks

Default Re: New Sailor King of Pen Ebonite Silver with M 21K Gold Nib with Rhodium Plating

I have this pen for over two years now. Gorgeous in every aspect. The section is resin, I think we have concluded that already based on the specifics provided by Sailor themselves, but I can confirm it too: the ebonite, even when storing it in a closed pen case when not in use (so including overnight), starts to change color. It goes from deep black to a more matte black and ultimately will turn towards brownish. Or so I have read. Will be nice to observe this over time - the development of one’s own patina.

Thanks

Default Re: New Sailor King of Pen Ebonite Silver with M 21K Gold Nib with Rhodium Plating

Product info on Sailor’s website:

Thanks

Reduced to $850
    Last edited by UltraExtraFineIrishman; November 5th, 2021 at 09:24 AM.