Thread: I think I got scammed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default I think I got scammed

UPDATE: I reported the seller to ebay for selling fakes. I also requested and was given a refund from the seller.

I bought a Montblanc 145 on ebay. The seller claimed it was a display pen in a store and although un-inked it couldn't be sold as new because the box was opened. Which seemed legit to me and the sellers feedback was excellent.
    I inspected the pen when I got it and it looked very nice. No flaws that would give away the fact it could be fake.
    I inked it with De Atrimentis Edgar Allen Poe and started to write a letter with it. It was nice and wet at first( medium nib). Then it began to write dry until it stopped writing altogether. I looked at it under magnification and nothing was wrong with the tines that I could see. Writing was scratchy and not smooth as well. For a Montblanc I expected it to write like a dream.

I'm attaching some photos of the box which I find suspicious and the converter which I also find suspicious. It isn't removable and plastic. I find it odd that there is a sticker over the Montblanc logos.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eicart0523; November 10th, 2021 at 12:08 PM.