Thread: UberPens

Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default UberPens

Some of you may know I recently got a few vintage pens after claiming that I have no interest in vintage pens. Part of that was because I stumbled upon an interesting vintage pen at a good price on UberPens. At the time, I knew nothing about the company, so I took a gamble and ordered the pen.

Now I know a lot more, and own more vintage pens from UberPens. What gave me the security with this company is that they restore their pens before selling them. This does add to the cost. But, it also means that the pen will work. For someone like me who is uncomfortable doing more than really basic repair, that's a great thing. As a bonus, it has even given me the confidence to look at some other vintage pens which do require some work.

The company has been prompt in delivery, the pens are well packaged and in good condition, and the website is easy to navigate. It's like they're trying to be the Goulet Pens of the vintage world. I was really impressed when I ordered a pen while being unaware that they were running a special if I typed in a discount code. They contacted me to tell me that they were refunding that money even though I didn't put in the discount code. I was impressed by that, especially since I never would have known.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am having an issue with one pen I ordered (it's late) but I have every confidence that the company will resolve it. Hopefully this will be by locating the pen. If not, then by refunding the cost of the pen.

Anyway, for anyone wishing to dip their toes into the vintage world, I fully recommend UberPens.

https://www.myuberpens.com/

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Waski_the_Squirrel For This Useful Post:

amk (May 24th, 2016), catbert (May 21st, 2016), Chrissy (February 6th, 2023), Deb (February 9th, 2023), Flounder (June 8th, 2016), Jon Szanto (May 23rd, 2016), Lady Onogaro (May 21st, 2016), Robert (May 21st, 2016), SIR (June 30th, 2016)

Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: UberPens

For those interested: the pen has arrived, though I still need to get to the Post Office when it's open. Truthfully, my location in a rural part of North Dakota means that I'm off the beaten path, and things take longer to get to me. I've struggled with this a bit over the years, but that is an issue to take up with the US Postal Service, not any particular company.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Waski_the_Squirrel For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (May 24th, 2016)

Thanks

Fantastic post; you've pointed up some really good points. I too think 2048 this is a really great website. I'll come back for more high-quality articles and will also tell everyone about this website. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

REPORTED!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

countrydirt (February 6th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (February 6th, 2023)

Thanks

Like you, I share your opinion, and the fact that this business restores its pens before selling them gives me confidence. This doesn't raise the price. But it also means that the pen will function. That's fantastic for someone like me who doesn't feel confident performing much beyond simple fixes. Additionally, bitlife it provided me the self-assurance to review some other old pens that needed some maintenance.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

This is RIDICULOUS - nuke the Spam accounts!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (April 11th, 2023)

Thanks

For what it's worth, clicking on the link in the original post from 2016 gets Firefox upset:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 794 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stands on Feet View Post
    For what it's worth, clicking on the link in the original post from 2016 gets Firefox upset:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Yup. They changed to: https://www.protopens.com

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

724Seney (February 12th, 2023), catbert (February 11th, 2023), Stands on Feet (February 9th, 2023)

Thanks

Brakes are crucial for your safety while riding a BMX bike. There are two types of brakes available, rim brakes and disc brakes. Rim brakes are the most common and are inexpensive. They work by applying pressure on the rim and slowing down the bike. Disc brakes are more advanced and provide better stopping power. They are also more expensive than rim brakes. https://bmxbikeshub.com/best-freestyle-bmx-bikes/