Thread: Miracle in Japan (COVID Youtube link)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,307 Posts

Default Miracle in Japan (COVID Youtube link)

Yep, a YouTube link. Don't watch if you don't want, but this one is really interesting.

Japan experienced a surge of Delta, and now they have nearly no cases.

Lots of things could have led to the drop:

- Ivermectin approved for use (12 days later, case rate plummeted)
    - Japanese geneticists discovered the virus' error correcting protein (NSP14) that checks replication has mutated (mutation A394V), causing replication error - causing a "self-extinction" problem for the virus.
    - More people in Asia (and Japan is not particularly genetically diverse) have an enzyme (APOBEC3A) that attacks RNA viruses.
    - Mutation A394V has been found in 24 other countries (a good thing, presumably).

Most interestingly, and something I didn't know; SARS-1 is now extinct (doesn't even exist in a lab), and disappeared in 2003.

Worth 17 minutes of your time, IMHO.

Last edited by dneal; November 25th, 2021 at 08:42 AM. Reason: corrected "Lots few things..." grammar to "Lots of..."
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (November 25th, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Miracle in Japan (COVID Youtube link)

Apparently a person posted Japan dumped their vaccine program for ivermectin on 10/27 which is now debunked.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2RS1NO

Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,307 Posts

No one in the video made that claim. Introducing a "debunked" claim in an attempt to "debunk" the video is a strawman.

Ivermectin was added to a treatment regimen, and may be one of several factors for their quick recovery from the Delta wave. I listed the others, for those whose attention span or time management prevents them from making it through a 17 minute video. Japan has a high vaccination rate (slightly over 76%), and is scheduling country-wide boosters for December.

I watched the video while on my rowing machine last night. 15 minutes of hard rowing with 2 minutes of cooldown, all while listening to an educated person discuss data from Johns Hopkins and other medical sources. Behold the power of multitasking.
    Last edited by dneal; November 24th, 2021 at 07:12 AM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Yes, just added the link and not to dismiss your video . I tried to watch, but just the sort of presentation I don’t gravitate toward. Vaccines are approved, but not ivermectin. Everyone has to decide.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

dneal (November 24th, 2021)