Default Re: The pivot begins...

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post

No Winners In These Back Pages
    rinse repeat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Just wait Chuck. Your media overlords are changing the narrative. This will be acceptable.

I'm really just noting this for posterity. An experiment of sorts, although by posting it I am influencing the outcome. Will you follow the change in narrative, documenting my hypothesis? or will you now have to "stick to your guns" out of fear of documenting the change?

Last prediction: those who swing with the shift in narrative will argue they have always thought that ("that" being whatever the narrative changes to).
    Eastasia is Oceania's ally. It has always been Oceania's ally.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

dneal (December 24th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Curious that someone who claims not to vote thinks in political terms of winners and losers.

How do you keep score?
    Easy, they are simply trolling.

Thanks

Statistical pivoting:

A significant proportion of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in recent weeks were admitted for other reasons, according to health officials and government data.

The exact scale of the phenomenon in the US is not recorded in federal statistics, but has been noted anecdotally.

Since all hospital admissions are tested for COVID-19, Fauci said, many are "hospitalized with COVID, as opposed to because of COVID."

"

Odd that now Fauci concedes that the tracking of Covid hospitalizations produces inflated numbers. Can we expect the numbers to be recalculated to show a decline as we near the mid-term elections?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

@kazoolaw - The discovery of Covid, particularly the Omicron variant, after being admitted for other things; is a common thing when evaluating the South African and UK data.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Statistical pivoting:

A significant proportion of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in recent weeks were admitted for other reasons, according to health officials and government data.

The exact scale of the phenomenon in the US is not recorded in federal statistics, but has been noted anecdotally.

Since all hospital admissions are tested for COVID-19, Fauci said, many are "hospitalized with COVID, as opposed to because of COVID."

"

Odd that now Fauci concedes that the tracking of Covid hospitalizations produces inflated numbers. Can we expect the numbers to be recalculated to show a decline as we near the mid-term elections?
    In England and South Africa. It is called Incidental Covid-19. Shouldn't be a surprise to admit somone with cardiovascular disease or diabetes with mild Covid.

Thanks

Chuck, Fauci was noting that children with a broken bone were found to have Covid. People in the hospital for a whole host of reasons are testing positive. It's not just cardiovascular disease or diabetes.

And "mild Covid"? You're the guy that seems fond of citing the latest number of people dead or in ICU, and every anomalous incident of some however-old person dying of Covid. Now you want to characterize the deadly disease of death as "mild Covid"?

That's progress, I suppose...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Chuck, Fauci was noting that children with a broken bone were found to have Covid. People in the hospital for a whole host of reasons are testing positive. It's not just cardiovascular disease or diabetes.

And "mild Covid"? You're the guy that seems fond of citing the latest number of people dead or in ICU, and every anomalous incident of some however-old person dying of Covid. Now you want to characterize the deadly disease of death as "mild Covid"?

That's progress, I suppose...
    I don't know that he did.

If you have a broken bone and infected, are you less infected? No!! Those children could worsen or infect others. I might have mild and could infect you and you have a severe reaction. When I was bitten by the tick, I had a reaction that is not the norm. Who can say who will and will not get very sick?

Listen to those involved in the ICU's. Then you'll have a different perspective, I trust. Fauci is not perfect and neither are you. Writing books to damage him is the work of people with an agenda that is not in the best interests of their neighbors.

Thanks

Chuck, perhaps you should scrutinize your own opinions and words as thoroughly as you do others.

Thanks

Sure thing @dneal, but when is the last time I insulted a healcare worker regarding the vaccine and measures to help others? One member said they were a doctor and didn't think much could be done to combat the virus. Since this is not a view from the experts, I did take issue. However, a doctor who thinks this way was a complete surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    In England and South Africa. It is called Incidental Covid-19. Shouldn't be a surprise to admit somone with cardiovascular disease or diabetes with mild Covid.
    Do you know that it's significant whether someone is hospitalized because of Covid as opposed to the reason for hospitalization being something else and the Covid diagnosis is incidental?

Because if you don't differentiate between the two, and lump both together in one number, the seriousness of Covid is inflated. Now, if you differentiate between the two the apparent seriousness goes down, allowing a politician to take credit for lowering the rate of infection, counting on some people not to notice that all that happened was the way the statistics were generated and not wondering "Gee, should we go back an recalculate all the statistics?"

Thanks

Do you know that it's significant whether someone is hospitalized because of Covid as opposed to the reason for hospitalization being something else and the Covid diagnosis is incidental?

Because if you don't differentiate between the two, and lump both together in one number, the seriousness of Covid is inflated. Now, if you differentiate between the two the apparent seriousness goes down, allowing a politician to take credit for lowering the rate of infection, counting on some people not to notice that all that happened was the way the statistics were generated and not wondering "Gee, should we go back an recalculate all the statistics?"
    I do know.

I’m concerned that you don’t understand healthcare.

Thanks

I do know.

I’m concerned that you don’t understand healthcare.
    Glad you engaged and agree that health statistics can be manipulated for political gain.

Thanks

You’re an idiot.

Thanks

Opinions vary, to coin a phrase.

Thanks

I don’t quote you with interpretations that were never implied or said. That’s why you’re a troll.

Thanks

"Now, if you differentiate between the two the apparent seriousness goes down, allowing a politician to take credit for lowering the rate of infection, counting on some people not to notice..." said I.

"I do know," said Chuck.

Thanks

You’re challenged with making a coherent post💞

Thanks

NY Governor Hochul:
    "I have always wondered: When we're looking at the hospitalizations of people testing positive in a hospital, is that person in the hospital because of COVID, or did they show up there and are routinely tested and showing positive, and they may have been asymptomatic or even just had the sniffles?" the governor said."
    https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...t-reports.html

Second year of pandemic and now we're curious.

Thanks

The pivot continues. Big Pharma and their minions sold a lie, and the truth is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC Director Rochelle Walensky
    The overwhelming number of deaths, over 75 per cent, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities, So really these are people who were unwell to begin with and yes, really encouraging news in the context of Omicron.