Thread: The pivot begins...

Thanks

Default Re: The pivot begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    What's your purpose here? Who are you, where do you live? What is your work? Do you have a family?
    Memo to Mr. Naill:
    Not long ago you raised a concern about threats being made here.
    So, I thought you might like to see what one looks like.
    Ted's inquiry was no threat. He isn't hiding behind a number. He has exposed himself here. He and I are the only ones doing so. He is not hiding behind a number. He also owns his actions and does not deflect with hissy fits and name calling.
    You are totally unqualified to make any kind of assessment about what constitutes a threat Chuck.
    Just go about your lemming ways and save yourself further embarrassment.
    LOL!! Who would be qualified? If you, 724, what are your qualifications? Sorry, that might be too threatening.

As always, your hissy fits and insults are appreciated for their entertainment value even if void of substance. When this conversation comes to you wanting to kill me, let me know and I'll stop posting.
    Talk about entertainment value!
    What a buffoon!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

What's your purpose here? Who are you, where do you live? What is your work? Do you have a family?
    Memo to Mr. Naill:
    Oh for christs sake

It's an invitation to become an individual here, Seney. It's called sharing about each other...that's why I put all my info there first.
    Sorry, it's a blatant threat which you are trying hard (but unsuccessfully) masquerade as something other.
    I can't imagine how you see a threat in my telling you that I am married and have been a cancer survivor and am fostering dogs now and a grandparent and have graded 25,000 essays, etc.
    The mother of all deflections! How absurd........... Do you really think that anybody is going to buy it?
    You can't worm you way out of this one TSherbs. So stop trying. All your cute, touching stories are fooling no one. You screwed up and you know it....
    I "screwed up" how? I am trying to reach out to you as an individual. How is that "screwing up"? Instead of mocking my "cute, touching stories," why don't you try just sharing one thing from your own individuality?

I'll try again with some more: the first presidential campaign that I could vote in was Ronald Reagan versus Jimmy Carter (incumbent) and John Anderson (independent). I was intrigued by John Anderson's direct performance in the debates, but still voted for Carter. We know the result: Reagan shellacked Carter and went on to a double term. I was quite bitter that Reagan, and not Carter, got to announce the release of the hostages in Tehran, but I was glad that they got out. I remember that Reagan said that his transition team had been negotiating with the Tehranian captors, which I thought maybe had been illegal to do, but the joy of their release quelled any strong criticism in the long run. I was in college then, and I remember watching the inauguration on a tv in an eating area while drinking coffee and eating a Whopper.

edited: I had misspelled that president's name each time!
    Last edited by TSherbs; November 14th, 2022 at 10:13 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (November 14th, 2022)

Thanks

TS-
    You and I have banged heads in the past, and I suspect we'll do so in the future on any number of issues. That's not the purpose of this post; I don't write to take issue with the contents of your posts above.
    I do not think they are being received in the way you were hoping for.
    Although it wasn't received well when I said it, it might be time for you to take a break from this topic, or this sub-forum altogether. Not a loss or defeat to pause to take a deep breath.
    There's nothing like baby spit and dirty diapers to refocus us on who and what are really important in our lives.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (November 14th, 2022)

Thanks

Here is some more: The first album (vinyl) that I ever bought was "Get Your Wings," Aerosmith. I don't remember how old I was (13,14?) "Seasons of Wither" totally blue [ha! I misspelled this, but perhaps it is apropos] me away. Still does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_GchifNRh0

That long, witchy intro was spellbinding to me. The chorus is pounding kickass.
    Last edited by TSherbs; November 14th, 2022 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    TS-
    You and I have banged heads in the past, and I suspect we'll do so in the future on any number of issues. That's not the purpose of this post; I don't write to take issue with the contents of your posts above.
    I do not think they are being received in the way you were hoping for.
    Although it wasn't received well when I said it, it might be time for you to take a break from this topic, or this sub-forum altogether. Not a loss or defeat to pause to take a deep breath.
    There's nothing like baby spit and dirty diapers to refocus us on who and what are really important in our lives.
    I respect your opinion, Kaz, and appreciate it. I'll consider.

I don't live close to the baby, though. But I do have this new dog to take care of. Time to go out for a walk in the gale winds here today (like the howling winds of the song I just posted above )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (November 14th, 2022)

Thanks

Memo to Mr. Naill:
    Ted's inquiry was no threat. He isn't hiding behind a number. He has exposed himself here. He and I are the only ones doing so. He is not hiding behind a number. He also owns his actions and does not deflect with hissy fits and name calling.
    You are totally unqualified to make any kind of assessment about what constitutes a threat Chuck.
    LOL!! Who would be qualified? If you, 724, what are your qualifications? Sorry, that might be too threatening.

As always, your hissy fits and insults are appreciated for their entertainment value even if void of substance. When this conversation comes to you wanting to kill me, let me know and I'll stop posting.
    What a buffoon!!
    Does calling me names make you feel a little bit superior? I thought so. Carry on.

Thanks

Here is some more: The first album (vinyl) that I ever bought was "Get Your Wings," Aerosmith. I don't remember how old I was (13,14?) "Seasons of Wither" totally blue me away. Still does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_GchifNRh0

That long, witchy intro was spellbinding to me. The chorus is pounding kickass.
    I hope you don't take Kaz's advice.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (November 14th, 2022)

Thanks

Memo to Mr. Naill:

What a buffoon!!
    Does calling me names make you feel a little bit superior? I thought so. Carry on.
    That's not a name Chuck. That is a description.
    You seem to have a lot of difficulty discerning the difference between the two.

Thanks

Memo to Mr. Naill:

What a buffoon!!
    You're toxic perhaps radicalized 724. Get some help. This may be the best advice you've ever received.

Thanks

Memo to Mr. Naill:

What a buffoon!!
    You're toxic perhaps radicalized 724. Get some help. This may be the best advice you've ever received.

Thanks

Another try, Seney.

How about telling us why you first came to FPGeeks?

I first came in 2013 during one of FPN's shutdowns (probably due to some server or hacker attack). I think that I did a search and hit FPGeeks and a couple other sites. Either right away--or soon after--I also saw the affiliated website that Dan Smith was running, and that information was very helpful to me at the start of my fountain pen career. And when Stephen Brown came on board and did all of his ink reviews for the site, I really learned a lot. Sadly, that web-page was closed down, and I have missed it ever since. Both Dan and Stephen have gone on to other things and still contribute to the community, fortunately. Both FPGeeks and FPN have changed in these last 9 years. Change is inevitable.

And that is how my presence here began.

You? Why did you first come here?

Thanks

Seney is obviously here mostly jumping around threads to smear you, me, and others. Since he was bragging a couple of months ago about how the red wave would "annihilate" or "destroy" (or whatever the hyperbolic term was) the elections this past week, he has been more muted in substance (but I doubt chagrined). Maybe he'll tell us now what he thinks of how the election went and why the annihilation that he had been relishing did not occur.
    1. Florid hypocrisy......again........ What a buffoon!!
    See this post (# 3)of a few hours ago from the "How To Win With Class" thread!!
    https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...Win-with-Class

2. Again your hyperbole and, in all likelihood, your facts are flawed.
    Best you hold off on your spike until after all votes for the remaining House elections are tallied.
    The major news outlets are all now reporting the GOP has secured the necessary 218 seats to gain control of the US House of Representatives.
    So, to answer the question posed (above) by TSherbs, I think the election went well.

Thanks

Hi Seney. I hope that you are well. We had our first little bit of snow last night in southern Maine, but I also will still mow the lawn once more before I winterize the tractor. But the snowblower is ready to go.

Thanks

Hi Seney. I hope that you are well. We had our first little bit of snow last night in southern Maine, but I also will still mow the lawn once more before I winterize the tractor. But the snowblower is ready to go.
    Yes, much of the Country has seen an early snowfall this week. Hopefully it is not a harbinger of things to come........

Don't forget to apply your winter fertilizer after you mow!

Thanks

Yes, much of the Country has seen an early snowfall this week. Hopefully it is not a harbinger of things to come........

Don't forget to apply your winter fertilizer after you mow!
    already done

Thanks

Hey Seney, over on the Trump 2024 thread, dneal and I have had what I consider to be a very helpful and productive exchange of information and perspective about ourselves that will *likely* help us understand each other better and reduce frisson that others will not then have to wade through. In other words, I hope that it will benefit us and other participants on these back pages. Check it out (starts around post #14, but also started on another thread that I am not looking at right this minute). Maybe jump in with some information of your own that would help us understand your point of view. I believe that that would benefit us, and others. Our blow ups have made a mess of several threads. I regret this, and want a change.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

dneal (November 16th, 2022)

Thanks

Hey Seney, over on the Trump 2024 thread, dneal and I have had what I consider to be a very helpful and productive exchange of information and perspective about ourselves that will *likely* help us understand each other better and reduce frisson that others will not then have to wade through. In other words, I hope that it will benefit us and other participants on these back pages. Check it out (starts around post #14, but also started on another thread that I am not looking at right this minute). Maybe jump in with some information of your own that would help us understand your point of view. I believe that that would benefit us, and others. Our blow ups have made a mess of several threads. I regret this, and want a change.
    Thanks. Actually, I've been following the thread along beginning right from dneal's first post last evening.
    Kudos to you both.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (November 16th, 2022)