Thread: November update at Main Street Pens

Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 397 Posts

Default November update at Main Street Pens

Here we are at the end of November already, with the page on the calendar ready to flip over to December. Be that as it may, there's a new update on the website. I didn't get to announce it on Saturday, but one pen has sold, and a firm "I wants it" on another. Five more added today. Pens tend to sell quickly.

If you're curious, there are some very nice pens to be found on the main pen sales page at Main Street Pens. Lots of eye candy!

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....
    Please contact us by email, and not PM for repair inquiries.

Thanks

Default Re: November update at Main Street Pens

Especially love the Brobdingnagian Pin Vise

Thanks

Default Re: November update at Main Street Pens

Quote Originally Posted by markiv View Post
    Especially love the Brobdingnagian Pin Vise
    I have one-ordered and paid for it as soon as I saw Ron announce he was doing another run of them.

Yes, it is big, and yes it is very useful although I do with I'd also managed to get one of the others with the lower profile Jacob's chuck.

I'm a watchmaker and have a drawer full of pin vices and the like, but this one is nice because when I want to hold a drill bit, for example, I don't need to dig for the correct size one and even better, it's SOO much easier to grip than a typical pin vice(plus sometimes for pens I need tools bigger than your average watchmaker's/jeweler's pin vice will hold). There's also stuff like holding other parts and the like that make it invaluable.

It's not something I use every time I work on a pen, but when I use it(not infrequently) I can't think of a better tool to use.