Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 96 of 96

Thread: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

  1. #81
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Just north of Area 51
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 594 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Both Seize The Night and Thunderbolt had a peculiar smell which gave me an instant headache. T-Bolt looked like a good color, but I capped it and put it away.

    I'm in agreement with your take on the colors so far. Seize was very intriguing; too bad about the smell.
    I am glad that I am not the only one! T-Bolt I think is the worst. Love the color, but instant migraine for me.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Sailor Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where pigs run free!
    Posts
    3,250
    Thanks
    4,654
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,194 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPenfection View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Both Seize The Night and Thunderbolt had a peculiar smell which gave me an instant headache. T-Bolt looked like a good color, but I capped it and put it away.

    I'm in agreement with your take on the colors so far. Seize was very intriguing; too bad about the smell.
    I am glad that I am not the only one! T-Bolt I think is the worst. Love the color, but instant migraine for me.
    And I just got a other one, #19, Festive Joy! Looked like a nice reddish purple, but the awful stench…

    Although, when I hear the words Festive Joy, purple doesn't come readily to mind.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

    And my other blog is a tumblr!

    My eBooks. Because why not.

  3. #83
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Just north of Area 51
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 594 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPenfection View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Both Seize The Night and Thunderbolt had a peculiar smell which gave me an instant headache. T-Bolt looked like a good color, but I capped it and put it away.

    I'm in agreement with your take on the colors so far. Seize was very intriguing; too bad about the smell.
    I am glad that I am not the only one! T-Bolt I think is the worst. Love the color, but instant migraine for me.
    And I just got a other one, #19, Festive Joy! Looked like a nice reddish purple, but the awful stench…

    Although, when I hear the words Festive Joy, purple doesn't come readily to mind.
    Agreed

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

    Sailor Kenshin (February 14th, 2022)

  5. #84
    Senior Member Sailor Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where pigs run free!
    Posts
    3,250
    Thanks
    4,654
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,194 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Finished the inks! (And I don't mean used up all the bottles… )

    I really like All The Best. It reminds me of Sailor Oku-yama, but with glitter. And you do get that tri-color effect if the swab's thick enough. Though it clings to a glass dip pen.
    Last edited by Sailor Kenshin; February 14th, 2022 at 11:16 AM.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

    And my other blog is a tumblr!

    My eBooks. Because why not.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

    DrPenfection (February 15th, 2022)

  7. #85
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    6,343
    Thanks
    5,777
    Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,140 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Finished the inks! (I don't mean used up all the bottles….&#128521. I really like All The Best. It reminds me of Sailor Oku-yama, but with glitter. And you do get that tri-color effect if the swab's thick enough. Though it clings to a glass dip pen.
    Merry belated Christmas
    Last edited by Yazeh; February 15th, 2022 at 04:56 AM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    Sailor Kenshin (February 14th, 2022)

  9. #86
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,242
    Thanks
    5,186
    Thanked 8,262 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Finished the inks! (And I don't mean used up all the bottles… )

    I really like All The Best. It reminds me of Sailor Oku-yama, but with glitter. And you do get that tri-color effect if the swab's thick enough. Though it clings to a glass dip pen.
    Given a straight choice I prefer Blue Edition - Noel to Red Edition - All the Best but I never considered Oku-yama as a favourite dark red.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  10. #87
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Just north of Area 51
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 594 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Finished the inks! (And I don't mean used up all the bottles… )

    I really like All The Best. It reminds me of Sailor Oku-yama, but with glitter. And you do get that tri-color effect if the swab's thick enough. Though it clings to a glass dip pen.
    Congratulations! I hope you enjoyed your exploration into the Red Edition inks.

    I too enjoyed All the Best.

    I am in the process of doing an inventory of all of my inks and putting them all in a new ink notebook. So, I will be revisiting the Red Edition inks soon. It will be interesting if I have the same impressions as before.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

    Sailor Kenshin (February 15th, 2022)

  12. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    447
    Thanked 31 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    The Well-Appointed Desk posted a link from Cult Pens where they tour the Diamine factory. Great article:

    https://www.cultpens.com/news/q/date...ve-you-diamine

    Best part was a photo showing Red Editon inks ready to ship in April! I'm getting Tempest for sure and maybe Party Time. Need to play some more with the rest . . .


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to damfino For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (February 23rd, 2022)

  14. #89
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,242
    Thanks
    5,186
    Thanked 8,262 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    This image from the Cult Pens visit shows the bottles being filled. Which ink though? Any guesses? Maybe Seize the Night?

    Cult Pens visit to Diamine.png
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    Cyril (April 15th, 2022), damfino (February 23rd, 2022)

  16. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,908
    Thanks
    1,652
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    $20 shipping to the US...ouch!

  17. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,908
    Thanks
    1,652
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Chrissy, if you're coming to FLA, sneak some of that contraband into your suitcase for me!

  18. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    447
    Thanked 31 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    I think many US retailers will be stocking the Red Edition inks, so no fear about shipping costs.

  19. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    447
    Thanked 31 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Or Harmony?

  20. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,908
    Thanks
    1,652
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by damfino View Post
    I think many US retailers will be stocking the Red Edition inks, so no fear about shipping costs.

  21. #95
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,242
    Thanks
    5,186
    Thanked 8,262 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Chrissy, if you're coming to FLA, sneak some of that contraband into your suitcase for me!
    I would be happy to do that but sadly can't go to the hotel in FL that we usually go to as they've decided to do some significant rebuilding work
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  22. #96
    Senior Member Cyril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    1,114
    Thanked 412 Times in 223 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

    Diamine is my favourite ink. My collection is growing and I have many more to add to my collection.The "Inkvent series" too have great choices!! I like that too.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •