Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attaching Photos To A Private Message

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Attaching Photos To A Private Message

Aha, so the software picks it up here, and that is good. It will not work elsewhere (other sites), as the call is to the FPG site to run the PHP. Thanks for checking that out, Chrissy.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 9th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    How are PMs different from regular posts for placing images?

Here, just grabbing something from one of our pictures elsewhere.
    Yes that would have been easy. The difference is that when posting or editing a post you can scroll down to the Manage Attachments box and upload an image. It's not there in a PM.

You're attaching images from a hosting site that has already made them into URL's exactly like the Manage Attachments box does on FPG.

724Seney specifically said he wanted to attach an image that doesn't have a URL from his computer. Not one from any image hosting site that already has a URL. In order to work out the solution to his problem I needed to go to send a PM on FPG and add an image to it that is only on my computer.

I don't add images from image hosting sites to my posts. I don't need to as they can all be added as Attachments on here.

It's fine to use image hosting sites if you want to, but go have a quick look at the Ink Review Index over on FPN. It's quite hard to find an ink review with any images since many members who used Photobucket lost their images. Other members deleted their images from wherever they were hosted so they aren't there either. All of my FPG attachments are here in my Settings and they have URL's. It's just like a free hosting site but I don't need to log on anywhere else. And they won't disappear from my posts on FPG unless I specifically come here and delete them.
    Yes, yes, yes!
    This summarizes everything perfectly.
    Thank you Chrissy!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Chrissy-

I think what you have discovered and reported is important information and a very valuable resource for those who use the FPG Forums and/or Private Messages.

You are, for sure, an expert at this stuff; it is a huge asset to FPG to have someone like you providing this kind of material which, I think, should be memorialized.

Is there anyway that your posts (only) can be collated and posted as a "sticky" which remains at the top of the sub-forum here and maybe over on the PM sub-forum, too?

Thank you, very sincerely, for your efforts to provide a clear and reliable source of information for us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Your overly pedantic post is dead wrong, as usual.
    I agree, it might be in the "best interest" of some who post in internet forums to have such an account but it is simply wrong to say it is in the "best interest" of anyone who does so.
    the fuck is wrong with you?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to manoeuver For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (December 9th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    I agree, it might be in the "best interest" of some who post in internet forums to have such an account but it is simply wrong to say it is in the "best interest" of anyone who does so.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojULkWEUsPs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojULkWEUsPs
    I'll be sure to click that right away.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Chrissy-

I think what you have discovered and reported is important information and a very valuable resource for those who use the FPG Forums and/or Private Messages.

You are, for sure, an expert at this stuff; it is a huge asset to FPG to have someone like you providing this kind of material which, I think, should be memorialized.

Is there anyway that your posts (only) can be collated and posted as a "sticky" which remains at the top of the sub-forum here and maybe over on the PM sub-forum, too?

Thank you, very sincerely, for your efforts to provide a clear and reliable source of information for us.
    You're very welcome and I learned something myself. Making stickies is a whole different ball game that only one person has the ability to do and I recommend you shouldn't concern yourself too much about that. This particular forum does't have much traffic so this thread will hang around on the current page for quite a while and be fairly easily accessible.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens