Thread: Noodler's Esenin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,257 Times in 2,258 Posts

Default Noodler's Esenin

I’ve been enjoying this eye searing ink for quite a well. In general, most of the Russian Series ink are some of the best “bulletproof” inks I’ve tried, and Esenin is in that category.

Sergei Esenin or Yesenin was a Russian Poet.

In his young life he married four times. His 2nd wife Zinaida Reich, a famed Russian actress, was killed in 1939 by Soviet Secret service. His 3rd wife was famed American dancer Isadora Duncan. And his fourth wife a granddaughter of Leo Tolstoy.

It is said that his last poem, was written with his blood, as he couldn’t find ink in the hotel room, he was staying. Hence this reddish eye searing colour.
    The next day, he was found dead in his hotel room, having committed suicide at age 30. Some say, he was killed by the soviet secret police and his suicide was staged.

Poem (from wikipedia's translation) on Tomeo River 68gr. The pen is Kawrite Ultraflex. The smudge on the word die is intentional.
    Essenin.jpg

The best way to describe his poetry is a quote from Wikipedia:
    The Empress told me my poems were beautiful, but sad. I replied, the same could be said about Russia as a whole,"

The ink with a fine nib has an orange red hue, but with the flex it shares more character. Ink is bulletproof and fluorescent. When I first inked, it, I was sketching foxes.....
    Guess.jpg

Here is another written text: from the Song of Songs.... this time on thin Tomoe River:

Guesswho.jpg

Photo
    20211209_160942guess.jpg

and here is the chroma:
    Ess CHROMA.jpg

In all this is a delightful red ink, for those who are for looking for an unabashed eye searing red

• Pens used: Kaweco Fine/ Kanwrite Flex
    • Shading: Quite a bit
    • Ghosting: Not really.
    • Bleed through: Depends on paper nib/ combination.
    • Flow Rate: Wet
    • Lubrication: Great
    • Nib Dry-out: No
    • Start-up: No
    • Saturation: Eye searing…
    • Shading Potential: With flex and depending on paper
    • Sheen: None
    • Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not noticed…
    • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Yes.
    • Staining (pen): Easy to clean…
    • Clogging: Nope
    • Water resistance: Excellant
    • Availability: 90 ml bottles
    Last edited by Yazeh; December 12th, 2021 at 09:09 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (December 12th, 2021), junglejim (January 8th, 2022), Lloyd (December 12th, 2021), manoeuver (December 14th, 2021), mizgeorge (December 12th, 2021)