Thread: Your 2021 "Great Catches"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Default Your 2021 "Great Catches"

It's the end of the year, time to look back.

This thread is to showcase your COTY (there's another made-up acronym for ya, Fred ).

For me, pen purchase-wise, this year is an interesting one. I have several pens that I would put in the of Catch(es) of The Year category.

One of them is this Morrison set.

It is far from being an expensive or outlandish purchase, which makes it an even more interesting catch, to me.

See, getting a set with the price tag intact (also came with the guarantee sheet, also intact), in this nicely preserved condition, is already a treat.

But this fountain pen is the higher-end version of one that I already owned for years, which is a Roxy (made by Morrison, of course).

The thing is, I wasn't expecting to see this version, ever.

That gold nib on the pen shows that Morrison knew how to make an excellent one.

Let's see yours...
    Last edited by penwash; December 21st, 2021 at 12:56 PM.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

catbert (December 21st, 2021), Chrissy (December 21st, 2021), eachan (December 23rd, 2021), FredRydr (December 21st, 2021), Jon Szanto (December 25th, 2021), Pterodactylus (December 21st, 2021), Robalone (December 24th, 2021), TSherbs (December 24th, 2021), Yazeh (December 22nd, 2021)