Thread: Questions about a Parker IM Frontier Two Tone Rollerball

Thanks

Default Questions about a Parker IM Frontier Two Tone Rollerball

I recently picked up a Parker IM Frontier Two Tone Green & Black with GT Rollerball for under $5 on eBay. It was used, but is in great condition. It’s a handsome design. Whoever had this beforehand took great care of it.

According to https://parkerpens.net/frontier.html, this pen was made between 1996-2002. Made in the UK. I was prepared to pay more, but nobody else bid me up. I almost feel bad for the seller. Almost.

Here are my questions:

1) Is there any way to narrow down the year?
    2) I’ve noticed that when the pen is capped, the cap doesn’t fit snuggly like Parker Vectors and IMs do nowadays. It snaps into place—so it doesn’t fall off (and in fact can be hard to remove)—but unlike newer pens which can be rotated with some resistance, this Frontier can spin in place easily. I can literally flick the clip and spin the cap one rotation. This seems to be how it was designed, but I was wondering if somebody with a similar pen in their collection could tell me if that is the case. Thanks.

Thanks

Default Re: Questions about a Parker IM Frontier Two Tone Rollerball

The original seller got back to me. Apparently, the cap that snaps into place, but then can spin freely, is as designed. I figured as much because of the ring part of the middle band, but I knew nothing about the Frontier. Maybe I was wrong, and it needed to be fixed.

I’m surprised nobody chimed in. There are some serious hardcore Parker fans on this site who know so much more than I do about Parkers. At any rate, this is what it looked like. I hope this gif is compatible with this site. It’ll be the first picture I’ve posted here.