Thread: Parker 45 Appreciation thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Parker 45 Appreciation thread

The Parker 45 is one of the most prolific pens made by Parker.
    Millions of them were sold worlwide and a wide variety of finishes, prices, nibs, etc

I got one when I began 3rd grade as school pen, almost 50yrs ago. I learned to write with it and Pelikan Koningsblau ink.

Used 45s through grade school, high school and college; replacing nibs a few times due to "accidents" (i.e. kids being kids)
    After I finished college, I moved to more expensive pens but keep coming back to the 45 when I wanted something reliable, smooth and easy.

Very well designed pen, sleek looks, great variety of colors and finishes.
    Very comfortable (to me), smooth writer with all sots of nibs and easy to clean/maintain.
    Replacing parts takes no time, and the fact that it can use cartridges or a converter is invaluable.

Slip on cap is not a problem, and besides a few times that the pens have leaked during air travel it has never let me down
    and over the years have become more and more appreciative of how smooth the nibs are, the longevity of the pens and how easy they are to maintain and upgrade.

This thread is to post pictures and (mostly) appreciation for this timeless design

https://parkerpens.net/parker45.html

Parker 45CT-share.jpg
    P45-Mania.jpg
    Last edited by titrisol; January 2nd, 2022 at 02:17 PM.
    Unix is user-friendly ; it's just picky about who it's friends are -

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to titrisol For This Useful Post:

catbert (December 22nd, 2021), INeedAFinancialAdvisor (July 24th, 2022), markiv (December 23rd, 2021), proteus (December 22nd, 2021), Pterodactylus (December 22nd, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (July 24th, 2022), welch (December 22nd, 2021), Yazeh (December 22nd, 2021)