Thread: Pilot prera cap

Thanks

Default Pilot prera cap

Anyone have a cap for a pilot prera for sale? Thank you

Thanks

Default Re: Pilot prera cap

I do not have a Pilot Prera cap for sale, but I do have some information which may help you.

This summer or fall I bought five Wing Sung 3003 (Sort of Prera Clone) off eBay for ten dollars and change, USD, postage included. They can take the same carts as the Prera, so I tried one of the caps from a 3003 on an actual Prera I have.

You know how when you slip the cap on the Prera, at the very end there is that little "oomph"? The cap from the 3003 seemed to fit, but just lacked that last engagement at the end. If I were in your position I'd order a set of these, use the cap closest in color to the pen you have, and keep looking for a "real" cap to replace it with, at your leisure. I'd also then have another four pens which look like Preras but which are a little bit longer, and perfectly useable - I've been happy with mine.

Of course these things come from China and for all I know you can't wait that long, or a real Prera cap will appear in the meantime, or your standards are different from mine and for any number of perfectly good reasons this would not work for you. It is just a suggestion. Good luck in your search.

Thanks

Default Re: Pilot prera cap

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I’ll check out the Wing Sung 3003 and let you know if it works for me. I’m not particular about getting the real cap-I’ve been looking for a few years so I welcome a substitute if it works. A little detail- I hadn’t had the pen very long (<1year and I had the receipt) and I was trying to clean the ink out of the cap liner using a method I saw online (no name mentioned here) with no success and on top of that, it wouldn’t recap afterward. I did my research and saw other folks having the same issues, so I emailed jet pens who said to send it back to them which I did. They then said we can’t help so sent it to Pilot because. Neither company would honor my warranty or even acknowledge the flaw in the cap so I just put it away for a long time because I was pretty annoyed that happened. But I kept looking for solutions because I’m not ready to throw out a $50 pen. Can’t wait to try the 303 and thanks again. Hope you have a great 2022.